Death

Death

A Poem by Latifa
"

it's suppose to be my first TANKA, I hope you like it

"


there is no comfort
in sightless soliloquy,
bones pillowed in dirt
with tickling inflicting worms
and bleak silhouttes of woe.

© 2014 Latifa


Author's Note

Latifa
I visited my grandpa's grave today and I just had some contemplation on death and how mysterious it is.
How can someone that you knew so well can just leave and perish and we'll all have to face it too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely poignant lines, I like to think no one dies , they live inside our hearts forever!

Posted 9 Years Ago


bones pillowed in dirt. that's a powerful line.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Death - is the beginning... we have to take that ride and bear the pain of loosing someone close to us. We shall set the soul free when the time comes...

Posted 9 Years Ago


that was so sad, since it reminds us of our end, no matter what will it be, well you've described that well, good job

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a tough one becuase it will be completely dependant on your view of life. Native americans saw death with respect and conformed accordingly and saw loads of honour none of which would escape the fate of decya of the material. Other perform rituals and solace may be found in the recognition that wherever they may go they are better of. Death is and will forver be your best friend there on your left. The bit that could be helped however is don't leave anything inside just leave it all on the "board" until the last move so hen the time comes it does not catch you and condemn you to regrets.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


I liked the previous one too, without edits. This one just goes deeper and stabs me, as beautifully wriiten though.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Namrata

9 Years Ago

oh ! I see, thank you.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Yes, it is sad and grave, instead. How are we supposed to deal with a person who means so much still but you can't perceive him through your senses anymore ?
How and what do you do when the person's thoughts become dearer than the person himself?
I guess we all are wandering lone and clueless.
Death is probably a mystery you don't solve unless you vaporize yourself.

Posted 9 Years Ago


It is a sad reflection on death, and I am sorry for your loss, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) we are here to critique poetry, not people.
This is not a TANKA, that is a form of poetry with rules relating to 31 syllables.
the form MUST be:

5
7
5
7
7

The only part of your poem that conforms to this is the third and the final line. You could fix the first by simply changing there's to 'there is'. Not sure what you want to do about the rest. It is a nice poem, but not a TANKA yet, sorry!

-Robin

Posted 9 Years Ago


Good job with the tanka and interesting thoughts. We are here one minute and gone the next.....some far too soon!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow. You paint a morbid masterpiece in a very limited space.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2014
Last Updated on August 21, 2014

Author

Latifa
Latifa

oran, oran, Algeria



About
"the cave you fear the enter, holds the treasure you seek" Joseph cambell this quote is my thriving recipe for dwelling in the enchanting castle of words, more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..