Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by brezybaby3
"

Traci's birth and the death of Chase's wife Abigayle.

"
Chase raced down the hallway. The sterile, antiseptic environment going unnoticed.  He reached Abigayles room, crying coming from the corner, but he paid little attention.  All his attention was focused on Abigayle as she laid so still in the bed.
Tubes and machines surrounded the bed. At least six people hovered over her to work on her.
He prayed with everything he had in him. "Please, Lord, don't take Abby." he continued in his prayers.
Suddenly an alarm went off "Code blue.  Someone get a crash cart."  Several people moved at once.
His mind went numb fora moment.  Then as he saw them prepare to place the paddles an her chest his mind moved and his mouth opened.  "No " he almost yelled.   Tears streaming down his face,  "she's DNR."
The doctor stared at him.  "Are you sure?"  They knew nothing about a DNR yet.   If the husband said keep going they would.
Chase knew what the dr was asking.  He gazed ar Abigayle's face, stressed with pain.  he nodded "Yes, I'm sure.  Let her go.  If she is going to die ans she is in pain I don't want prolong it."
All the  nurses wandered out,unplugging equipment and portable machines along the way.
Chase went to his wife's side. She was still breathing, but it was very labored.  Yet but he knew she was still alive.  He held her hand in his.
Someone touched his shoulder. "Mr. Dillon" she whispered
Without turning he replied,  "yes"
"Would you like to hold your daughter?"
"it's a girl?" he turned with a smile excitement on his face. "Yes, I would love to hold my daughter"  The nurse placed the small bundle in his waiting arms then walked away.
Chase pulled the  blanket away from her face which was relaxed in sleep.  As he gazed at her he decided she looked like her mother with her light hair, button nose, and cupid bow of a mouth. She was as beautiful to him as her mother.
He sat like that for the rest of the night,holding his daughter on one arm , and his wife's limp cold hand in the other.


© 2015 brezybaby3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wonderful...... it's really so touching.... i wish i get a caring husband tooo..... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is fabulous, I am looking for coming chapters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015
Tags: love, Death, Sorrow, romance


Author

brezybaby3
brezybaby3

napavine, WA



About
I started writing in 8th grade when the teacher put up a writing prompt for our journal and the story just flowed from my pen. I have had several poems published. I am currently going through my poe.. more..

Writing
Its just a day Its just a day

A Chapter by brezybaby3