tay and lance ch 2

tay and lance ch 2

A Chapter by brezybaby3

Chapter Two


Lynn picked up the phone and dialed Cami.   Answering on the first ring she questioned, “Did you hire him?”


Lynn sighed. “Yes I did”


“What is he like?”


“He seems to be a very nice guy. And knowledgeable about what I need done.”


Cami sighed deeply, “That’s not what I meant.  I meant, is he cute?”


“I guess, if you like tall, well-built men in jeans.  Don’t think that is my type.” She laughed.


“No, your type is no one.  This one could have possibilities you know.”


“Cami, get a grip. I just met him and know basically nothing about him.  So he is cute, big deal.  I would need a lot more than that to make me fall for a guy.”  Like a heart stopping smile she felt to her toes.  She could hear Cami sulking through the phone.  “Not going to work.  And no matchmaking or getting Jazzy to do any matchmaking either.”


“Jazzy thinks he’s cute?  She didn’t think he was just old?”


“Fine, if you must know, yes she does.  And he doesn’t look all that old.  Maybe 30.”


“Wow a young, hot guy. And he works for you.”


“Cami, I know you are all into me finding my happily ever after since you have, but I’m not interested.”  How many times had she told her best friend that over the last 6 months?  Too many to count she was sure. 


“How do you know you aren’t interested?”


“Cam, ok he’s hot. But I don’t know anything about him. How can I be interested?  I don’t want a relationship right now, if ever.  I’m happy with my life,  my career is finally taking off, I have a book due out in 2 weeks and I have to start on the next one. Tell me, please, where would he fit into my life?”


“If he’s the one you make him fit. You know that.”


“But he isn’t so I won’t need to.”


“Lynn, please, just think about it?”


“Nothing to think about.”  She definitely was not telling her overly romantic friend about her response to his simple smile.  Cami would take it and run forever.  “A relationship right now just isn’t practical for me.  I’m sure we will become friendly while he works on the house, but it won’t be more than that.”


“You are selling yourself short, Taylynn.  I know you can have it all.”


“I did, Cami." She told her friend quietly, almost in a whisper. "I had a great love in my life.  And I have been married.  Unfortunately they weren’t with the same person and I can’t see why I would want to be married again.”


“Oh, Lynn, I know how much you loved Landon.  And Adam did nothing to recommend remarriage.  But there is more to life and marriage.”


“You know what I went through when Landon died.  And the hell Adam put us thru for the 18 months we were together. I just don’t want to put it out there again.”


“Ok, I’ll drop it.  For now.” 


“Thanks, Cami.”  She replied. “I’ve got to call Vannah, so I will talk to you later.”


“Ok, call me and let me know how it goes tomorrow.”


“I will. Love ya.”


“You too. Bye”


Lynn hung up the phone and thought about her life.  Was she pushing things away because she was scared or because she really didn’t want the hassle of a relationship?  She didn’t know but it was definitely something to pray about.


Landon  looked around the small apartment and cringed.  It was a simple studio with an open plan.  It had just one big room with two doors off of it.  One to a closet and one to a very small bathroom.  He sighed.  It was a long way from the 10 bedroom mansion he had lived in with his brother and sister in law at the time he died. no focusing on that he told himself.  He had to figure out a way to help Tay.  She looked ok on the outside, yet he wondered about her heart.  He still didn’t know how he could help her but obviously their daughter thought he could.

He thought back to the first he met Taylynn, so many years ago.  He had known the instant he saw her they were meant to be.


She was so cute in her magenta and gold bikini.  Her long blond hair in a ponytail.  She was probably his age.  She was talking to a couple girls. He wanted to go talk to her but didn’t have the nerve.


“Would you quit staring and just go talk to her already?  This is the second day you have just sat and stared at her.” He heard from beside him.  He turned to his brother and smiled.


“Easy for you to say, Kyle.  You always get the girls you go after.”



“That’s cuz I’m older and more experience with the girls.  But if you don’t go to them and open your mouth” he stressed “you never get any experience.  Even getting turned down is better than sitting there doing nothing.”


At 13 Landon had had very little experience, but 15 year old Kyle had a lot.  He always seemed to have a girlfriend.  His current one, Sally was a hot little number.  With curves that made the other girls jealous and black hair and green eyes, she and Kyle made a nice couple.  But it probably wouldn’t last long.   Kyle’s girlfriends never did.  “Yeah but I don’t need to have experience like you do.”


“But you do need to go over there and talk to her if you are interested.  Look she is lighting a cigarette. Go ask for one.”


Landon gave his brother a smile and went over to her, “Do you think I could get a cigarette from you?” he asked.

She looked up and smiled.  She had a beautiful smile and gorgeous crystal blue eyes. “Sure” she said as she pulled one from her pack “I’m Taylynn, but my friends call me Lynn.”


“I’m Landon.” He replied with a smile.  His heart was beating a mile a minute now that he was talking to her. He couldn’t think of anything to say. His mind was an absolutebblank.


“Do you want to sit with us while you smoke that?”


“Sure”


“Does your friend want to join us?”


"Oh, him. He’s not a friend. I mean, that’s my brother.  Let me go see if he wants to come over.”


He headed back to his brother. “Ok, Kyle, they have invited them to join us. Get up and let’s go. But leave our stuff here.”


Kyle stood up and followed his brother, thankful Landon hadn’t been turned down. Now he just had to remember he had a girlfriend, cuz the two girls with her were sure cute.


“Taylynn, this is my brother, Kyle.”


Kyle looked at her and noticed how blue her eyes were. She really was very pretty. He was glad his brother had such good taste. But he was a little disappointed that Landon had seen her first.  He might have made a play for her if he hadn’t.  But he had beautiful Sally to think about. He had to keep that thought in mind.


“Kyle, Landon, these are my friends Cami, Savannah, and Julie.”


The boys said hello in unison.  They were all cute but the one introduced as Savannah was beautiful and Kyle felt his interest captured.  She had long platinum blond hair and cerulean blue eyes that shined. And her smile tugged at him.  He sighed.  It was going to be a long day if they spent the day with them.  Sally. He pushed her to the back of his mind and focused on the girls. Maybe things were meant to happen for a reason, and Savannah looked like his reason to be here.


The five of them spent the rest of the day together. Landon eventually getting their stuff and bringing it over to join the girls.  At four Taylynn looked at her watch and announced it was time to go.


Kyle nudged his brother and whispered in his ear. “Get her number.”


Landon scowled at his brother.  “I plan to.”


They walked the girls to the entrance of the private swim club.  “Taylynn,” he started, “could I get your number?”


She smiled that brilliant smile he had been watching all day. “Sure” she looked into her bag and pulled out a pen and paper.  She wrote it down and handed it to him. “I really have to get home before my parents do.  I have to get dinner started.”


Landon smiled at her and tucked her number into the pocket of his shorts.  “Ok, I will call you.”

The girls walked off talking to each other and Landon turned to Kyle to see him putting a piece of paper in his pocket. “What’s that?”


“Savannah’s number. I thought I might give her a call.”


“What about Sally?”


“What about her? She doesn’t own me.”


“But she wouldn’t like you talking to another girl, Kyle.”


“Well, then she either gets used to it or she’s history”


“You two have been together 6 months.  That’s a long time for you.  Are you sure you aren’t just getting bored?”


Kyle shrugged, smiling slowly  “Maybe.  But that Savannah is one hot dish.”


Landon had to agree. But he thought Tay, as he thought of her, much hotter. “Just be careful.  And don’t ruin things for me with Taylynn.  You start going out with one of her friends and then break her heart it might.”


“Alright, little brother.  I’ll take this easy. Besides, we’re just friends.”


“Sure, Kyle. Whatever you say.  Let’s head home.”


They headed home neither knowing how their life was about to change.



© 2015 brezybaby3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 3, 2015
Tags: Love, Romance


Author

brezybaby3
brezybaby3

napavine, WA



About
I started writing in 8th grade when the teacher put up a writing prompt for our journal and the story just flowed from my pen. I have had several poems published. I am currently going through my poe.. more..

Writing
Its just a day Its just a day

A Chapter by brezybaby3