tay and lance ch 6

tay and lance ch 6

A Chapter by brezybaby3

Chapter Six

Landon started cleaning up at five.  He heard a knock on the door and assumed it was Jazzy’s boyfriend.  But soon he heard running feet down the hallway.  The door slammed open followed by two little girls and Jace and Jonny.


“Hi” The older one piped up “who are you?”


“I’m Lance. Who are you?”


“I’m Bria. And this is my sister Ari.  It’s short for Arianna.”


“How old are you Bria?”


“I’m six. Ari is 4.  Did you know that Auntie Lynn said I could spend the night?”


“I didn’t.  That sounds like fun.”


“Yep. I always have fun here. I love staying with Jace and Jonny.


Landon realized he was talking to his niece.  That his brother and sister in law were here.  He didn’t know what to think.  It was not something he was prepared for yet.  He hadn’t even been sure he would get a chance to see them and now knowing they were here he was nervous at the prospect of seeing them.


“Well I'm going to go play. It was nice meeting you.”


He smiled at his niece.  “It was very nice meeting you to, Bria.”


He finished cleaning up and headed into the house to let Tay know he was leaving. 


He stepped into the house and smiled at the noise.  It sounded as if there were a lot of people, but he knew it was only a few.  He found Tay in the kitchen with Savannah.  She smiled at him and his heart melted.  She was so beautiful she took his breathe away.


“Are you done for the day?”


“Yep all done. I’m going to head out and I will see you in the morning.”


“Ok. This is my sister Savannah. Savannah, this is Lance”


He held out his hand and she shook it. “Nice to meet you, Savannah.”


“Nice to meet you too, Lance. I’m so glad Lynn found someone to help her out.”


“I’m glad she hired me. It’s peaceful here.”


“It is. My kids love coming here.”


He smiled “I met Bria and Ari outside.  Bria is very friendly.”


Savannah laughed. “Yes, she is my social butterfly.”


He turned to Tay. “I will see you in the morning.”


“Ok. If I don’t answer the door just come on in.  I want to try to get an early start on my writing in the morning.”


He smiled. “Ok.” He headed out the door smiling as he went.


“Why didn’t you tell me he was so cute, Lynn?”


“Because then you would start talking to Jazzy. And you two would start getting matchmaking ideas.”


“Are you telling me you aren’t interested?”


“I don’t know him well enough to be interested.”


“Well, if I wasn’t happily married, I would be interested.”


Lynn smiled at her best friend.  “Your funny.  You haven’t been interested in anyone since you met Kyle when

we were 12.”


“That’s true.  But I can still appreciate a good looking man”


Lynn laughed. “Yes.  Ok he is very good looking. And maybe I would be interested if I knew him better. But look what happened with Adam because I was attracted before I knew him.”


“Oh, Lynn. Not all guys are like Adam.”


“I know this in my head, but my heart is still scared.  I just don’t want to risk loving someone again.”


“I think that was part of the problem.  You didn’t love Adam and he knew it.  Your heart still belongs to Landon. It probably always will.  But you can find love again. You just have to know that you won’t love that person in the

same way.”


Tears fill Lynn’s eyes.  “I loved him so much, Savi.  And I still miss him.  Maybe if I didn’t have a constant reminder of him in Jazzy it might have been easier.  But I wouldn’t give up my baby girl for anything.  It just makes it harder to let go.”


“I know.  The love you two had for each other was incredible. It was a gift and should be treasured.  You will never love like that again.  But you can love again if you let yourself.”


“That’s just it.  I don’t want to love someone again and lose it.”


“That is where you have to trust God and let him lead you to the right one.  And trust Him to protect that love just like you do with your kids."


Lynn smile through her tears. “Thank you. Your right. I never thought of it that way.”


“So does that mean I can hook you up with someone?”


“No. It means I will stop dwelling on what I lost and focus on my future.  But if God brings you someone then I won’t push it away.”


Savannah smiled as she headed into the other room. “Maybe he already has.”


Lynn watched her walk off to find her husband.  Was she right?  Had God brought Lance here for a reason?  It was something to think about.  What if he had?  What was she supposed to do with him?  Meekly accept him into her life?  Like she had Adam? Like she had Landon?  Both times she had ended up with a broken heart but for two very

different reasons.  Was she willing to go thru either option again?


She didn’t have answers to these questions and she knew she had to take them to God in prayer.  Nothing else would help her fight the demons of her past that haunted her when she thought about starting a relationship with Lance.



© 2015 brezybaby3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on January 16, 2015
Tags: Love, Romance, Christian Romance


Author

brezybaby3
brezybaby3

napavine, WA



About
I started writing in 8th grade when the teacher put up a writing prompt for our journal and the story just flowed from my pen. I have had several poems published. I am currently going through my poe.. more..

Writing
Its just a day Its just a day

A Chapter by brezybaby3