yesterday once more prologue rewrite

yesterday once more prologue rewrite

A Chapter by brezybaby3

Prologue

Landon was in the observation area watching the love of his life and his daughter when he felt Jacob approach. All around him was brightness and peace.

“I’m finding you here a lot lately.” Jacob stated quietly.

“Yes, she just seems so sad and overwhelmed lately.  I want to bring comfort to her.  She’s taught our daughter that I am here watching over her.  So maybe she knows I’m here too.”

“You know there is not much you can do.”

Landon gave him a tired smile. “I know. She’s there with our daughter. And I’m here in heaven with our son. I know that brings her comfort in a way.  Still, every now and then I hear her whisper my name.  I don’t know how that makes me feel, except that I know she still thinks of me. Maybe I stand here waiting for that whisper.”

Jacob scolded him “How can she not when your daughter looks just like you?”

Landon laughed.   “And our son just likes her.  I know you are right my friend, but the wish to return to her still lingers.”

He watched as she pulled into her driveway then she and his daughter struggled to get the sleeping toddlers into the house.  He knew she had married, briefly, and had twin sons from that marriage. He had tried during that time to withdraw and observe only his daughter. He knew very little details of her marriage,just that it hadn’t worked.

“That is why I am here today.  A miracle has been granted to your daughter.  And you are it.”

He looked at his friend in stunned disbelief. What did he mean, he was a miracle? He frowned at Jacob “I don’t understand”

“Jasmine has been praying for help for her mom. You, my friend, get to go and be that help for a time.”

Leave heaven? His son?  All the beauty around him?  Could he? He couldn’t deny that the thought appealed to him, to be with his love again.   But to do that and have to return again? Did he have the strength for that? Did she? Did his daughter?  He didn’t know.

“I don’t know, Jacob, I need to think bout it.”

Jacob looked at him with that all knowing gaze.  “I know what is troubling you.  Yes you will have to leave behind everything you know here, and your son.  It would only be for a time.”

“That’s the kicker, Jacob. I don’t think I’d be able to leave her again.”

“Think about it.  You would be able to get to know your daughter, and the woman TayLynn has become.  You could see your brother and sister, meet their families.  True, they wouldn’t know it was you, but you would.”

“To go into her life, then leave again, to bring more pain?” Landon anguisehed

“No,” Jacob shook his head, “ to help her heal, Landon.  I know it is a big decision.  I will let you think on it.”

Jacob left him then as quietly as he had come.  Landon smiled. Angel’s feet were so quiet.  He looked back as his daughter sat in what had become a familiar spot for her.  Under the shade of the oak tree he had planted when they lost their son.  Did she know about her brother?  He could tell she was praying.  She often his when she went to that spot.  Quietly he heard from her “Daddy, please come help us. Mommy really needs you.” How could he deny his daughter anything that was in his power to give her?

With that plaintive cry still ringing in his ears, he went off to find Jacob.



© 2015 brezybaby3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on December 5, 2015
Last Updated on December 5, 2015


Author

brezybaby3
brezybaby3

napavine, WA



About
I started writing in 8th grade when the teacher put up a writing prompt for our journal and the story just flowed from my pen. I have had several poems published. I am currently going through my poe.. more..

Writing
Its just a day Its just a day

A Chapter by brezybaby3