Morphine Prince

Morphine Prince

A Story by Brianaswriting
"

This is my first horror story please comment below :)

"
  ==Morphine Prince==
    Every time I share this story I...I am forced to tap into my inner evil when I journey back to that horrific day.My brain is preyed upon by a slideshow of gory images. Petite children being flung in mountains made of their parents ashes, the elderly taking bottles of poison to the head. And the oddest of all...beauty hungry middle aged women gathering by the dozen with botox needles jabbing from their punctured lips shouting,"Am I pretty now?!". All this work just to illustrate my exposure to a wicked remedy. Society irritated me for years! No sleep, No peace, and absolutely no freedom from the demon who lives within the blood stained walls. Let me begin.
  It was 1864 during the Civil War. I was an audacious soldier with a fairly unadulterated conscience. It was a dark day and all of the men were training...those of them who survived yesterdays attack. I was running when a bullet was shot into my stomach. 28 bullets were absorbed by my skin, and I was in agonizing pain. I was laying in a cot with a splendid view. My old pal Joey Argon was right beside me. 
 "Were enduring hell together," I said with not much tone in my voice. The nurse approached us languidly. The lights were flickering, children were sitting on the floor rubbing their swollen faces, barely breathing women trembled, and the thump from people falling to the ground increased. Nurse Hallenburg dropped a morphine vial on my chest. I remember right before the needle plunged into my skin the television was turned on. I went from 0 to 60 in a matter of what felt like seconds. The television stretched out, and changed colors. I was not stable. The feeling the narcotic gave me was euphoric. The room began to swirl, and move in and out. I was in a trance that would soon become an addiction. 
  Each morning was a Morphine morning, I was high from dawn to sunset. The day I dreaded arrived when nurse Hallenburg said I was gaining my strength back. When she cut down my dosage I took matters into my own hands and decided to steal what I craved. At midnight I lingered around the hospital until I discovered their drug heaven. I took more than just morphine that night, I injected heroine, and drank the pain away. I wandered down the dim halls and saw many ghouls hunting humans. Once I found my room I sat in bed wide awake. I looked at the mirror, and my tongue was nowhere to be found. I tried to scream but a strong force was stopping me. The entire hospital felt like it was shaking. I ran to the bathroom, and the floorboards creaked continuously. Someone, or something was following me.
  I saw a hazy figure in the distance, and ripped my hair out of my head when it came closer. The beast bolted towards me with a tongue that touched the floor. He had a ominous smile, long batting eyelashes like a mad baby doll, and burned hair. 
  "Share!", the beast shrieked. 
  "Share what master", I answered in eagerly. He could tell how skittish I was becoming. 
  "The drugs you idiot. I want the morphine," his response was one I wanted to ignore. the drugs were all mine. The monster laid his finger upon my nose, and with that one touch the bleeding of my face commenced. Blood was streaming out of my ears, and mouth. 
 "I'll do it!" I gave in. I delivered the monster most of the morphine locked up inside of the closet. 
 "You avoided death this time, every time I visit you the drugs are mine. We will be partners, if you ever tell the public about me you shall perish," The monster left, and I fell asleep spontaneously. The next morning I told the doctors all that happened to me not including my visit. They thought I was deranged. Still to this day I am interviewed by people who seem crazier than myself. It's been years since I've done those drugs, they made me loopy. I am living a truly sober life you see. 
 "That's great Mr.Smith but what about the demon?" the reporter said.
 "I believe that he was just a figment of my imagination considering he was only around during my drug abuse years."
 "Thanks we've collected all the info we need," My interviewers thanked me and left.
  Later on that evening I made a steaming hot cup of coffee, and read the paper. So many murders in my little town. Once I got into my bed a loud holler echoed. It was like a call of death.
  "I TOLD YOU NOT TO SPEAK OF ME. I WARNED YOU ABOUT THIS MESS!!!" the demon yelled. I stood up, and apologized.
  "They...they um wanted to know so much it's hard to deny such rumors," I stuttered. The villain took a lighter, and put it up to my lips.
  "This is the price you pay for talking to much. I guarantee you'll never speak again!," All I could do was weep. The beast broke my bedroom window, and stuck a sharp piece of glass into my chest. As I died I stared into his powerful eyes. 
 "Now we will be dead Morphine Princes together," he hissed. To make sure I was dead he shot me in the skull. The gun shots woke up my next door neighbors. The officials were alerted.

© 2012 Brianaswriting


Author's Note

Brianaswriting
Review Please, and thank you's :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was really creative and tells a good story of how quick addiction can set in the instant we are presented to it. We do whatever we can in order to get the things we need (in this case, drugs) in order to keeps the demons away. But once the demons catch us, we know just when things have gotten bad and that we need to turn ourselves around and tell the truth. To come clean, it's a tough road. We all have our own battles, but we are all able to overcome then once we have the strength and right mindset. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!!! sorry for such a late response
DoNt LoSe YoUrSeLf

11 Years Ago

Not a problem and you are very welcome :)



Reviews

Your story delivers to the reader the horrors of addiction, but with other messages. Some editing required, but I am also guilty of that sin.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thanks for the feedback
I'm new to writing, but I found this great. A bit confusing at times, but I think that's because I was reading it too literally. For example, in the second paragraph it says it's 1846 in the civil war but at the end of the third paragraph it says he left the television on? Like I stated earlier I'm probably just taking it too literally. But when I re-read it thinking more figuratively/open minded it made more sense to me. Great story, especially being a first time horror.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thanks, and like a complete idiot I wasn't thinking outside of the box when it came to the televisio.. read more
It's a great piece. I can't always portray the emotion in these kinds of stories.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!!
Me and horror don't mix... I get scared and then can't find a willing hand to hold.
But this was alright. Not too scared; but I couldn't read it in the dark mind you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

haha I always look forward to your comments thanks love
Nicky Sarti

11 Years Ago

Always happy to make you smile x
Wow , this is so cool ! I've never read a story like this before . Keep up the good work ! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thanks!!! your too nice
Moon

11 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
whew! this is absolutely warped! this sounds just like a real life drug induced fantasy and it was superbly put together. well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thank you it means a lot coming from you
Wow! This is really good and intense! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

really?? thank you!
I love this! I totally get where this story is going :), It was very detailed and very creative :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

aww thank you, your criticism means so much to me
This was really creative and tells a good story of how quick addiction can set in the instant we are presented to it. We do whatever we can in order to get the things we need (in this case, drugs) in order to keeps the demons away. But once the demons catch us, we know just when things have gotten bad and that we need to turn ourselves around and tell the truth. To come clean, it's a tough road. We all have our own battles, but we are all able to overcome then once we have the strength and right mindset. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!!! sorry for such a late response
DoNt LoSe YoUrSeLf

11 Years Ago

Not a problem and you are very welcome :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
That wasn't a read, it was a trip. I don't know if the protagonist was out of his mind of if the author was. Historically, the story is correct. Almost a half million morphine addicts came out of the Civil War. But there is something captivating about this tale because it draws you into its contradictions like television in 1864, etc. I am not certain the ending is strong enough and would suggest that it be re-thought. In fact, I would suggest thinking about the monster again as well. The writing is very good and that's the most important element and it is an extremely interesting read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thank you so much! I'm new to this genre of writing. This is my incomplete copy.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2012
Last Updated on November 17, 2012
Tags: life drugs scary story

Author

Brianaswriting
Brianaswriting

NJ



About
In a place where it's IDEAL to be REAL, we fall for those with hearts of STEEL, an idle body is no big DEAL, and dreams are fusions of what the mind FEELS. more..

Writing