Dear Younger Me

Dear Younger Me

A Story by Brianna.garcia

Dear younger me, 


Who would have thought these four years would go by so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was walking through these halls for the first time. I must say, high school will not be easy, but trust everything you go through will make you a better person. You’ll have your share of heartbreaks and laughs. The memories that you’ll make will be ones you’ll cherish forever. 

Don’t worry, high school isn’t as terrible or scary as you think it’ll be. You’ll have some amazing teachers to help you get through it. I will warn you, freshman year will be filled with many surprises, both good and bad. But no need to worry, you’ll live. And as each year goes by, you’ll make many mistakes but you have to remember to grow from them. 

If I could tell you one thing to live by it’s this; don’t ever change who you are to fit in with what society tells you to. You are beautiful, wonderful, and unique so try not to care about what everybody thinks. This is key, especially as you are transitioning into high school life. You’ll see all these older kids around you and you notice how they look, dress, act and notice that you don’t fit in. You’re this naive, sweet, and shy little girl surrounded by all the chaos. Please please please hold on to that girl and never let her go. That’s the one thing I regret; letting go of the innocent person I once was. 

Not only will you change but the people around you will too. You are guaranteed the same friends you had in junior high. You’ll lose a lot of friends, but in return you’ll make so many wonderful friendships. The type of friendships that will last a lifetime. You’ll also realize that you shouldn’t take things for granted. You should always appreciate not only mom and dad, but just being able to wake up in the morning and live life. 

I must say, high school isn’t as hard as everyone makes it seem when you’re in junior high. Yes, some of the course are more challenging but it’s nothing you can’t handle. Just remember to try your hardest to not procrastinate on anything. I know. It’s a total shocker. I never would have thought of myself as a procrastinator, but yes there are those days where you will be so exhausted from everything and you’ll need a breather. 

Just remember to enjoy your time in high school. You only get it once. Try to live in the moment and be the spontaneous, care free girl that deep down inside you know you want to be. Take time to smell the roses and stop overthinking, regretting, and complaining about things. You’ll have more than enough time for that once your grown up. 

Don’t ever settle for anything less than you deserve. No scratch that, don’t ever settle period.You’ll figure out what I’m talking about junior year. Always follow your dreams no matter how high and unrealistic they seem. Try to do what makes you happy for once. I know you live to please and take care of others but honestly if you don’t ever take care of yourself, how in the world can you try and take care of others.

It’s sad to think that in just a few short weeks I’ll be leaving this school and closing this chapter of my life. It’s sad realizing that you have to leave everything behind besides all the memories. High school is the best, worst, craziest, most boring so make sure you savor your time here. I don't want to spoil anything for you, considering I know how much you hate spoilers, so I’ll leave it at that. Good luck younger me. 

© 2017 Brianna.garcia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was really great!!! high school is only something that we are in only once in our lifes unless u become a high school teacher, there is things i wish i could do differently everyday but that is life, great job!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brianna.garcia

6 Years Ago

Thank you and I definitely agree with you. There are just some things, good and bad, that you have t.. read more
Justin

6 Years Ago

your welcome, i agree with u, there is days that i wish i could do differently but as long as u are .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 26, 2017
Last Updated on April 26, 2017