Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliche

Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliche

A Story by Brineh
"

wrote this a few weeks ago...yeah...this is supposed to be before ETF got famous

"
“Are we dating or what?” I asked.  He shrugged.  “I dunno.  You tell me.” said Sid.  “I don’t know either.” I said.  “Hmph.  Well for now, since we’re young and s**t we should just carry on with the relationship we have now.” said Sid.  I nodded half-heartedly.  It was kind of disappointing to know that he didn’t want an actual relationship with me.  He’s right though, we’re young and have our whole lives ahead of us.  There’s no reason to rush into things.  I did my hair, then realized it was time to head off to work.  I really don’t have to work, but I don’t want to feel like a useless freeloader that bums off of my rich brother and friends.  Besides, there’s a cute guy I like at work.  My boss, Ray, his brother, Ronnie, has a band that plays everyday at the restaurant Ray owns, so I get to see Ronnie everyday.  He’s a really good singer, and my friend, Taylor, is dating the band’s guitarist, Bryan, so she says she will try to hook us up.  “I’m off to work.” I announced as I passed through the living room.  “Bye.” said the four men all together.  “Don’t leave me here alone with the three weirdos.” whined Sid.  “Hey, you were the one born with six fingers!” said Corey, insulted.  I slid out the front door while they continued to argue.  Ten minutes later I arrived at the Capulet Cafe, the restaurant I work in.  “Hey Sabrina.” said Taylor as I walked into the small locker room and punched in.  “Sup.” I said.  “I told Bryan you liked Ronnie, he said he’ll try to organize something.” said Taylor.  “Thanks!” I said happily.  “No problem.  Me and Bryan and the rest of the guys are going out tonight.” she bragged.  “Ooo where?” I asked.  “To this restaurant where they make glow in the dark pizza.” said Taylor.  “Awesome!” I said.  “I know!  Hey, you and Ronnie should come along with us.” said Taylor as she nudged me.  “First let’s see if Ronnie even likes me.” I said.  “Are you kidding?  He loves you!  You never see him staring at you dreamily?” she asked, shocked.  “No.  He does or you’re just being nice?” I asked.  “I’m serious.” she said.  “Oh.  F**k yeah!” I said excitedly.  She laughed.  “Let’s go start waitress duty.” said Taylor as she tied her waitress apron.  I did the same, then we went out to wait for customers.  Ronnie, well, Escape The Fate, was setting up their equipment on the little stage in the back of the restaurant.  Bryan came running up to us.  “Hey.” he said as he came to a halt.  “Hey.” she said, grinning.  “Yo, Sabrina, Ronnie totally likes you.” said Bryan.  “Awesome.” I said.  “Told you!” said Taylor.  I smiled.  Ronnie came running up to us.  “You two, go make out in the locker room or something.” said Ronnie as he shooed Taylor and Bryan away.  “Don’t mind if we do!” said Bryan as he pulled Taylor away with him.  “You want to go to the place where they have glow in the dark pizza?  The whole band’s going, you should come with us.” said Ronnie.  “Okay sounds fun.” I said, grinning.  He grinned back.  “Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked shyly.  “Not officially.” I said.  “What’s that mean?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.  “There’s this dude that i’ve been friends with for ages and we act like we’re dating, but we’re not.” I said.  “O...kay...so you’re single?” he asked.  I nodded.  “Hmm alright!  Do you like the band?” he asked eagerly.  “Yeah you have a really good voice.” I said, smiling.  He smiled.  “Thanks.” said Ronnie.  " So do you have your own house, apartment?” he asked curiously.  “I live with four other guys.” I said.  “Who?” he asked.  “Corey Taylor, Chris Fehn, he’s my brother, Sid Wilson, and Joey Jordison.” I said.  He looked like O.O.  “You’re kidding.” he said, shocked.  “I’m not.  I can take you to my house later if you want.  They’re odd, but nice.” I said.  “OH MY GOD I LOVE SLIPKNOT!” he said, jumping in place.  “Me too.  Chris is my brother.” I said.  “Your last name’s Fehn?” he asked.  I nodded.  “Is he older or younger than you?” he asked.  “Two years older.” I said.  “You’re sooo lucky!  Corey Taylor’s like one of my idols!  And Joey Jordison!” said Ronnie.  I smiled.  “I used to date Joey.” I said.  He looked like :O.  “If I could i’d marry him, and i’m not queer.” said Ronnie.  I laughed.  “When I was talking about the guy i’m good friends with and we act like we date, that’s Sid.  He comes here every now and then when i’m here.” I said.  “I don’t really know what he looks like.” said Ronnie.  “Long brown hair, bluish-gray eyes, a lot of tattoos.  Freckly.” I said.  “The tall dude?” he asked.  I nodded.  “That’s him?  Woah, I had a whole conversation with him about sandwiches and I didn’t even realize he was famous!  He seems so down to earth...” said Ronnie.  I nodded.  “He’s really nice.” I said.  “He said he likes my band.” said Ronnie.  “Ooo.” I said.  We chatted like that for a few more minutes, until Ray yelled at us to stop flirting and get to work.  “See ya.” said Ronnie as he skipped to the stage.  “Uh huh.” I said.  A few hours into work Sid came in.  “Hello.” he said as he leaned against a chair.  “Hi.  Come to bum food off of me as usual?” I asked.  “Of course.” said Sid.  “Find a place to sit and I will come back with your food.” I said.  “Okay.” said Sid as he scanned the place.  I went into the kitchen, got him a sandwich, then went back to find him.  He was sitting with Ronnie.  “Hello Ronnie.” I said as I patted him on the head, then gave Sid his food.  “Thank you.” he said.  “Your welcome.” I said as I patted his head.  “Hi.  On break yet?” asked Ronnie.  “Yes.  Well, nobody’s here, so yeah.” I said.  “That’s why we’re not playing.” said Ronnie.  “How long have you two known each other?” asked Ronnie.  “Five years.” I said.  “Awesome.” said Ronnie.  “Is being in Slipknot fun?” asked Ronnie.  “At times.” said Sid.  “Not all the time?” asked Ronnie, surprised.  “Nope.  Photo shoots and music videos are really boring.” said Sid.  “Oh.  I hope one day Escape The Fate will be as famous as you guys.” said Ronnie.  “Good luck.” said Sid.  “OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD SABRINA GUESS WHAT?!” asked Taylor excitedly as she jumped up and down.  “What?” I asked.  “BRYAN PROPOSED!” she squealed.  “Oh my god congratulations!” I said, excited for her.  We both jumped up and down together in girlish excitement for a few seconds, then stopped.  “Nice place to propose.” said Ronnie sarcastically.  She sighed.  “Well, it’s better than nothing.” said Taylor.  “Yup.” I said.  “Sid, you know Taylor.” I said to Sid.  “Yeah.  Hi.” said Sid to Taylor, his mouth full of sandwich.  “Hey.” said Taylor.  “Ohh Sabrina why didn’t you get me anything?” asked Max as he skipped over to us.  I sighed.  “Max, this is Sid, Sid, this is Max.” I said, introducing them.  “Hi.” said Max.  “You look so familiar...” said Max as he stared at Sid.  “I’m in Slipknot.” said Sid.  Max looked like O.O.  “HOLY POTATOES!” he exclaimed.  Ronnie, Taylor, and I looked at him like -_-.  “You’re the DJ, right?” he asked.  Sid nodded.  “Awesomeness.” said Max.  A gaggle of customers from the lunch rush came in.  Taylor and I went into waitress mode.  

© 2011 Brineh


Author's Note

Brineh
featuring taylor ^-^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

YAY!!!!! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


haha im still working on the other one. oh yeah that's right you're making a pop in :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL thanks sabrina!!!!! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2011
Tags: ronnie radke, bryan monte money, max green, sid wilson, slipknot

Author

Brineh
Brineh

About
i love music and movies. most of the stories i make are about bands and stuff. slipknot is my life. Joey Jordison is my obsession. A7X, Motionless in White, Murderdolls, Black Veil Brides, and Escape.. more..

Writing