My voice is all growls today.

My voice is all growls today.

A Poem by BristolMaud
"

off the cuff

"

Bitter, bold black brings about scheduled heart attacks; caffeine surges and speeds through my arteries; vindicate and subjugated to manic obfuscation; sinister secretions scold my simpering sincerity; severe ties to manage lies between the void and the obscene; shoulder all but endure the fall - will you wait a minute please?

frenzy-feathered friends focus freely on the broken lens; you triggered frequencies that resulted in consequences; now we’ve got to run, aiming for the red-setting sun; between you and I, neither of us know how to fly; don your cloak and gasp, grasping hurriedly at the silver clasps; watch the eddy slam, our feet were bogged down in the drowning sand; what do you get by this? we’ve lost our way to perfect blisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

speculated in the head that she was not just who she said; what we’ve got we don’t know yet, but when they do, we’ll all be dead; marching forward on and on straight through the spiral seeking love; betwixt this ledge and you and I, I watched you do it, why can’t I? we’ve got your fading photographs: who is that lurking in the back? let’s cut their faces from our lives and burn their memories for their lies; we’ve lost the path, no turning back, let’s stop right here and make up camp; you’ll set the fire and I’ll fetch the wood, this management has always stood; you know I am the candle, baby, but you’re convinced I’m rather shady; given our experiences thus, you will disuse and I’ll mistrust; take me back I’ll remember then why you were the one I abandoned; I’ll get hung up - don’t get me wrong - but by next year I’ll have moved on; it’s just like what my dad has said, “by swinging back you’ll move ahead,” but i’ll manage to add instead that this s**t won’t matter when you’re dead. 

© 2012 BristolMaud


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on August 4, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: freestyle

Author

BristolMaud
BristolMaud

New York, NY



About
Bristol: Age 21. 30 credits toward Polisci BA. Recently married. Recently moved to Lower East Side, NY. Unemployed. Well-fed, well-sexed, and well-loved. Looking forward to friends, online and IRL. De.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by BristolMaud