Fading

Fading

A Poem by BeautifulDisaster

I can't seem to find little memories of my life growing up with you.
They seem to have scattered and disappeared.
Like mice running from the hungry house cat.
I can't seem to smell the sweet scent of cookies I was baking with you anymore.
Freezing cold, wrapped in 3 blankets, sipping our hot coco, watching christmas movies has vanished from my mind.
I can't feel the comforting hugs you gave me when I woke up from that awful nightmare.
No matter how frightening they were you were always there by my side, but those memories are fading.
I can't seem to hear the lullabies you used to sing to me before I entered the dreaming world anymore.
They got washed away like the sand castle we made on that hot, sunny day, from the tides gently washing up.
The only thing I can feel and hear is the wind drifting away, kind of like us.

© 2009 BeautifulDisaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Time never cuts us any slack. It marches on and we struggle to keep up until we discover we've forgotten a face, a touch, a voice, a perfume. Life always goes on though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gosh, I'm really sorry it's taken so long to read this. I know you asked me to review some of your writing 4 weeks ago...agh. I've been busy, and sort of ghostlike on WC lately. But anyway...
Hey, this poem shows some promise! I like how you carried an idea through till the end. All seemed to be very connected.
I can't really tell if the speaker is talking about a lover or a mother-figure. I think you should have some details to clear it up one way or the other. Otherwise its vague.
With some tweaking, this should be quite an enjoyable poem.

Scott

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this poem. It's touching in a way :)
My favorite line is "Like mice running from the hungry house cat."
I couldn't help but let out a lil laugh
Great job

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..