Axis Capital Group, Singapore: Protect Your Heavy Equipment from Theft

Axis Capital Group, Singapore: Protect Your Heavy Equipment from Theft

A Story by Bruno Rooch

Axis Capital Group, based in Singapore, is a company that sells and rents construction capital equipment from cranes to excavators and related heavy construction equipment throughout Southeast Asian countries such as KL Malaysia, Bangkok Thailand, Jakarta Indonesia and many more.
 
Hold your documents in place:  Ideally, most owners of construction companies lose the track of important documents pertaining to the equipment they have bought. Due to this, if the equipment is stolen, it could not be traced by the cops and they end up taking all the trouble for nothing. Hence, it is crucial to keep all your documents like model or the serial number, the manufacturing year of the equipment, photos etc. that will prove to be helpful to the cops to catch hold of the swindlers.
 
Lead a sound background check of your employees:  It is highly recommended to do a thorough background check of all your employees and employ only them who have a clean record with no criminal background scam since they are more likely to bluff. Alternatively, it is prudent to keep a watch on employees whom you find to be suspicious. Questioning them directly may not be the right way to deal with them but checking their behavior may give you some idea if not all.
 
Warning! Maintain a register: You should maintain a register where you can keep a record of people coming in and going out of the site. Alternatively, you can also employ security personnel who will check the employees every time they enter or exit the construction premise.
 
Install cameras at different locations:  This should be really helpful in nabbing the culprits. If the thieves do not know that you’ve installed cameras would definitely make the mistake of not wearing masks and that will help the cop nab them. However, if at all the thieves know that there are cameras installed, they would rather look out for some other place and may skip yours.
 
Reference:

© 2014 Bruno Rooch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

We had a generator stolen while the guys where using it. They were working in a telephone vault. Out go the lights and air mover. When they get topside the generator is gone.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There are some tips regarding the topic on Axis Capital Group, Singapore’s website http://axiscapitalgrp.com/.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Scams and frauds are more than theft. Scammers are actually worse that thieves, you must watch out for them more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Things I have known being use on different machines: a safety switch that needs tension held a certain direction, an extra light switch or two that must be in certain position to work or switch hidden where not easy to see but easy to reach such as under sheet metal. No idea the size of your machine but have a friend who places one of the steel shipping containers on the job site with 12 volt alarm system on it and packs his tractors in it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


It is nice to see something like this from Axis Capital Group, Singapore. Unfortunately, I got an equipment stolen at Jakarta, Indonesia and luckily Axis helped all through the process of finding the thief!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Keep the serial number, if the equipment is stolen then you have something to show the police otherwise things might get change and you will be the fraud now instead of being the victim.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Warning to everyone! Don’t be a showoff. Don’t let passersby see all your cool equipment.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I hate hearing about this stuff. Unfortunately, I have a bit of experience dealing with it. There is only one thing you can do; it is to prevent theft in the first place.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2014
Tags: Jakarta, Malaysia, Asia, axis capital group singapore pro

Author