Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Brooklyn

Cole’s eyes opened slowly as he heard thee familiar click of the lock. His “keeper” threw another body into the dimly lit cage.

            It blinked twice as though trying to remember what happened. Its dangerous green eyes searched the cage and spotted Cole. With a quick stretch as if nothing was wrong the leopard got up. “Who are you?” It growled. 

             Cole decided to answer truthfully. There was no point in lying. Not about his name, anyway. ”Cole,” He replied.

            “So, Cole, where are we?”

            “In a cage,” Came another truthful answer.

            “Thank you Captain Obvious,” was its sarcastic reply.

            “Your welcome.”

The leopard smiled a feline smile. “Huh. What do you know�"it has a sense of humor.”

He watched as a familiar trembling came over it. Its spine shortened, its pupils became circular, and its fur absorbed back into her skin.  It was a human girl, just as he had suspected. One eye still on him, she cautiously walked to the front of the large cage and started searching for a latch or button to open the cage.

“Don’t you think I already tried that?” He said turning into a teenage boy.

The girl gave a small yelp of surprise. “W-w-what? Your-Your human. How is that possible?”

“Well, how is it possible you’re human?”

“That’s not what I mean.” She said regaining some of her composure back. ”I mean how is it possible that we just happened to meet. There can’t be many people who can...”she paused, seeming to word what they do. “Change form,” she finished uncertainly.

“I was looking for you,” He responded simply.

“ You were what?”

“I. Was. Looking. For. You” he slowly repeated.

“Wha�" I mean… why?”

“ I was trying to find others like us. I saw a guy on the news that went to the police saying that her friend, Leesha Jones, could change into a leopard”

The girl swore.

“So, I’m assuming your Leesha,“ Cole continued



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

VERY SURPRISING GOOD

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 29, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn