Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Brooklyn

Ian sat there, almost pass out. Her saw her thrown in and pass out a second after she hit the floor. At least she’s okay he thought. He stared at her, really looking at her for the first time. He wondered what she was like. Strong, he decided, she was strong. Who knew how long she had been in there before he came?

Occasionally he heard her scream softly and moan.  It wasn’t like before when she screamed at the top of her lungs, but somehow it was scarier. It was like she was so close to death that she didn’t even have the energy to scream loud enough.

He sat there for hours thinking, screaming, and even crying. He wasn’t a big baby either. He was tough, cool. In school he was the hot dreamboat that all the girls were in love with. How did he end up in this godforsaken place?

In his mind he saw himself laughing about a joke one of his friend made. They sat in his living room playing video games and pretending that they didn’t have fifty algebra questions for homework. The doorbell rang and his mom yelled that he had to go get it because she was making dinner. He groaned and paused the game. He opened the door and saw a few men in white lab coats.

“Uhhhh… I think you have the wrong house. “He said. They raised… a gun? His mother walked into the room and screamed. They shut her up by pointing the gun at him and threatening to pull the trigger. His mother cried and wailed for them to let him go. They paid no attention to her pleadings and dragged him into a black SUV. They took a shoot like vile out of a duffle bag and injected it into his arm. And he started to black out.

He woke up in a lab room, surrounded. They demanded to know where the others were. Others? He didn’t even know there were others. When he didn’t (because he couldn’t) give them the information they wanted, they threw him in the torture room located in the basement.

He came back to reality suddenly. Standing in front of him was a tall guy with black, unruly hair. He wasn’t wearing a lab coat or a guard uniform, which was a good sign. The guy looked at the still body of the girl on the floor. “Is she alright?” he asked Ian quietly.

“I think so.” Ian said exhausted. “Who are you?”

“Cole” said the , “I’m gonna get you two out of here.”

“I won’t be able to move very fast,” He warned, ”And you’ll have to carry her.”

The guy nodded impatiently. “Let’s go.”

It took Ian a while to stand up. When he finally got to his feet, the girl was in Cole arms, though the position she was in didn’t look very comfortable with her limbs bent in awkwardly. A wave of electricity came over them and Ian nearly fell back to the tiled ground. The girl screamed softly, still unconscious, and the guy holding her winced, at her piercing voice more than the electricity.         

“We need to get out of here. I don’t even know if she’s gonna survive the next one.” Cole nodded again.

Worries began to turn in Ian’s mind as Cole led him up several flights of stairs. The area was deserted, which raised suspicions. What if Cole was in on… whatever this was. There had to be an evil plot of some sort. What other explanation was there for kidnapping children and torturing them? Ian stopped and looked him dead in the eyes. “Who are you? How did you get in there?”

The guy groaned. “I’m Cole. I was traveling with Leesha for a while,” he said nodding to the unconscious girl. She slowly slipped further towards the ground and Cole had to adjust his hold on her as he was talking. “Now come on, we have to get out of here. And the next time you want to stop you can help me carry her. She isn’t exactly a light load.”

Ian hesitated but followed as they walked swiftly down the white painted hallway with spotless checkered tile floors. What other option did he have? He wasn’t gonna stay in that room.

He was all out of options. But, then, he had been for a while.

 

 

They slipped into the hallway and crept along the opposite direction of the guard who was leaning against one wall down the hallway to the left of the door they just walked through. I seemed as though Cole’s path was almost clear as they snuck from hallway to hallway. They managed to get past a few guards without being noticed.

            They heard the sound of scientists talking to each other in hushed tones, while walking toward them. Crap. He and Cole ran down the direction the just came and ran straight into… a guard.

            The guard hollered and aimed at them with the gun they all seemed to be carrying. Ian ducked but Cole couldn’t move as quickly considering the extra weight. It was only a matter of time before he got hit. An idea came to Ian as he dodged yet another bullet. It’d put himself in danger, though. Was it worth it to save to strangers? One look at Leesha’s limp body and he decided that it was.

             Ian changed into a lion and roared at the guard. He had to distract him. The guard shot at him repeatedly, but he managed to avoid the streaming bullets. With a swipe of his paw, he knocked the guard out cold.

            In a way, the guard accomplished what he meant to do. Soon, people surrounded the three of them. Ian roared again and they looked nervous. These people obviously didn’t know what they were doing. They ran in the only direction open. Ian gasped as they opened a door and fled into the cold of the night.

            They paused and panted for breath. “We should keep going.” Ian said.

            “Yah.”

            Then they ran again. They heard the sound of people running after them and shouting. There was the sound of engines revving to life and the screech of tires on the pavement. Dogs barked and alarms sounded. A helicopter searched the darkness for them.

            They ran into the woods with hope that the cars would have a hard time following them. They stopped only twice in the miles and miles they ran. Pumped with adrenaline and fear.

            They came to a cave half hidden by rocks and stopped. They exchanged a look. We made it, Ian thought. “We made it!” He yelled out loud.

“Shut up! Are you an idiot? Do you want to be caught again?” Cole hissed at him under his breath.

Cole checked the area out for predators and mad scientists while Ian searched for food. “We should probably wake her up. Shouldn’t we?” Ian murmured.

“I think we should let her sleep for a while longer,” Cole replied as he walked out the mouth of the cave.



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
Typo in first line.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 29, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn