Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Brooklyn

“Rise and shine.” A voice commands from above me. I’m so tired that I just want to roll over and mumble “five more minutes…” but something in the voice warns me to do as I was told. I reluctantly open my eyes.

The voice was Ian’s but my eyes adjust I can tell there is something off about him. His eyes, I realize. His eyes are red. I can just see a glint of metal flashing in the moonlight as he takes something from some hidden storage place in his jacket.

A knife.

He has a knife.

I try to get up but the sheets are twisted around me and he blocks me with an arm over my stomach. “Shh…” he whispers. “Say goodnight Leesha.”

I scream.

He plunges the knife into my gut and my eyes widen in shock as I watch blood spurt out of the wound a split second before my vision fades to nothing.

 I wake up to my own screams. “What?” Alina asks, panicked, “What’s happening? Are you okay?” I am shaking too much to respond right away.

“Dream.” I manage to choke out. “Dream-I-Ian…k-knife.”

There is pounding on the door and then a keycard swiping. And the door bangs open. The two guys plus Moore plus the Doc race in as soon as there is enough room. “What is happening?!” Moore demands to know.

“Nothing.” Alina says disgusted. “She just had a bad dream.”

The all look at me in disbelief. All that over a bad dream. I don’t have the energy to defend myself so I just let them think what they want.

Cole looks a little deeper than the rest and sees my back covered in sweat and my uncontrollable shaking. “What exactly was this dream about?” he asks.

“N-nothing!” I say a little too quickly. I don’t want to talk about it in front of Ian. “Nothing important anyway. I’ll tell you later.” They all give me measure looks and then the Doc speaks up. “Good idea. We’ll discuss this in the morning when we are more rested. In the meantime we should all go back to sleep.”  

They all nod their agreement and leave our room. Alina throws me one more dismayed face then turned on to her other side so that she wasn’t facing me anymore. Soon I heard her breathing deepen and she began snore.

I toss and turn and try my hardest, but I couldn’t sleep. So I change into my bathing suit and decide to head to the pool. I slip out the door, closing it as quietly as humanly possible so that I don’t wake anyone up again. I make my way down the hallway, mind trying to figure out a reasonable explanation for the dream. Bad taco. Stress. Distrust. Fear…

Lost in my thoughts I promptly walk right into the glass doors with the words “pool open 10am-10pm. I look at the clock. It’s three seventeen. Whatever. I practically break every rule in the universe by just existing, so what’s one more?

I pick the lock with a bobby pin and open the door all stealthy-like. And trip down the stairs, swearing as I tumble. This really isn’t my night.

“Smooth…” A voice behind me surprises me.  I turn and see Ian standing there, leaning against the doorway and clapping slowly and loudly. I freak. My first thought it to make a run for it, screaming my head off. Then to stay and fight. Then that I should just walk back to my rom saying that I left something here and hope he doesn’t murder me in the middle of the night.

Possibilities flash through my head and so I just stand there, stunned, unable to make up my mind on how to react. “Are you okay?” He asks after a moment of neither of us moving. “You look like you just saw a ghost.”

“W-what are y-you doing here?” I stutter.

He looks at me blankly. He answers slowly as if he was afraid that it would be the wrong response, “I-um, I heard you leave so I thought I’d see if you were okay.” Obviously, by the way I’m cowering in fear, I’m not okay.“Uh…yah I’m fine” I lie, backing toward the pool. He steps closer “Are you sure about that? Tell me the truth.” Yah, that’s gonna actually make me tell him what’s on my mind…that was sarcasm in case you’re bad at reading it.

He steps closer as if to comfort me. I step back. He raises an eyebrow and steps closer again. I step back again. This continues for a while. Then he steps forward one last time and I step back and fall into the pool that was right behind me without me noticing.

“Get away from me!” I scream as I flail and thrash around in the water. His eyes widen in shock and he puts his hands up in the universal “whoa, whoa. Calm down” position. He backs away looking nervous.  He be back out of the doors and into the hallway looking absolutely freaked.

And so I go back to my room completely waterlogged and about to kill something.

     



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not getting into specifics as it doesn't make a difference. Just good job, and I want to see what happens next

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm impressed. Another great chapter. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my gosh. I can picture you cringing and gagging at the blood part. And tacos? Are we implying things about The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction? Tac-O's lol.
And I love the line about breaking the rules of the universe, that made me chuckle :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 17, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Superman Superman

A Poem by Brooklyn


Will you? Will you?

A Poem by Odayin


Sand Sand

A Poem by Odayin


Fading Dreams Fading Dreams

A Poem by Odayin