Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Brooklyn

I’ve never really been the nervous type. Suave is my middle name. But as one approaches, I have to admit that there are butterflies fluttering like crazy. Butterflies isn’t an apt analogy. It’s more like…rocks swirling around as if in a cyclone. And as they swirl they hit the sides of my stomach.

He doesn’t matter to you. You just met him. All those things you said to him were the truth…  Yeah, right. Who am I kidding? I’ve wanted a sibling all my life now I get one and he is supposed to mean nothing to me? Sure, he wasn’t what I dreamed of. And he couldn’t have been presented in a worse way (well, except for dead, which I do not want to think about) but c’mon, you win some you lose some.

And now he has to make a choice. Between the life that he’s always known and me, who he just found out a few hours ago. Not only that but in his eyes we are probably insane. If the chose was given to me before all of this I know which I’d do. Call the cops. Luckily, we’re not talking about me. For the moment, anyway.

One. It’s one. And there is no sign of Logan. My heart plummets to the ground and splats on the sidewalk. Figuratively, of course. “Well, the prophesy only really includes six, anyway,” Alina says nonchalantly. Sometimes I want to strangle that girl. Come, I plead silently. Come.

Out loud I say, “Well, there are seven listed in the individual thingy. Seven. Not six. Seven.”

“Maybe he’s the one that is lost for eternity. It never really says how.” She counters. Darn her and her reasoning. There is nothing more annoying than arguing with someone with reason on their side. They always win…

“It better not be me.” A voice says from behind us. “Being lost for eternity doesn’t really sound like a good time.” I spin around to see my brother behind me. Huh, wudda ya know,  he showed.

“So you’re coming?” Ian asks. “What made you decide?”

“You guys seemed too crazy.”

“And that made you want to come?” I ask

He laughs, “Well, if you were gonna make something up wouldn’t you go for something a little more believable?”

“Not if you’re insane.”

“Yeah, but no one wants to think that their family belongs in a mental institute.”

“Okay then. Into the van we go.” I say gesturing with my arm towards it.

Ian holds out his arm to shake. Logan stares at it a moment then gripped it in his own. I released a large breath I had been holding without even realizing it.  “Welcome.” Ian says.

They walk to the van where the Doc and Moore have been patiently waiting. Well, at least the Doc was patient. Logan ruffles my hair on the way by. I kick him hard in the shin. “What? Brotherly affection isn’t allowed?” He asks through teeth clenched in pain.

“Not when it involves my hair.” I say firmly. I maybe on the run from mad scientists, but I’m still a girl. The difference is that I can flatten him if it comes to it.



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

u need to write as soon as possible Im getting bored no is really posting anything ew

Posted 11 Years Ago


love it keep writing getting better and better girlie!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


can't wait for the next chapters! keep writing chica :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was great I like how they are all getting impasheint and when he comes the anxiety party ends. that's awsome. Keep up the great writtting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dominique

11 Years Ago

Please, Keep on writing! I want to know what happens!
Dominique

11 Years Ago

c'mon You gotta write soon! I want to know what happens next!
Keep rolling these chapters out Brooklyn. This should be interesting to see where they end up going and how the prophecy fully plays out

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hi Brooklyn,
Get the van rolling. I want to see where you end up. Good flow. You make great and easy use of conversation. Well done.
Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Into the van we go." That sounds like you, I love how I can see you in your writing. Great chapter! MORE PLEASE!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn