Reflective Thoughts

Reflective Thoughts

A Poem by Phil Sanders
"

Letting my mind wander ...

"

Reflections on the water .. reflections of my life..

The stillness of the day is deafening as the river sits patiently in the sunlight..
My mind feels the gentle silence and the reflective beauty …
Awash with loving thoughts of you.. and I smile …
Contemplating the loveliness that you bring to me ….
I feel your tenderness surround me ..
The sweetness of your lips on mine .. a passionate fire inside …
Raging in my soul as your sensuality burns deeply into me …
My new life feeling the birth of the spring’s renewal…
Contentment washing over me as the mist of love descends …
To lighten my thoughts and deepen my desires….
The lapping of the water .. soft and gentle like your touch …
But with a hidden sparkle that promises so much …..
I need to taste your love and let it drip all over me like a juicy peach …
Its nectar sweet and sticky on my lips .. its delicious flavour like your passion …
A day to experience the vibrancy of life .. and the subtlety of your being..
A time to appreciate your beauty and your love ……
 
Phil Sanders
15/04/08

© 2008 Phil Sanders


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

phil, very expressively sensuous and romantically enhanced to full effect, the entire heated
vision is highly detailed, and reflects the essence of yearning in the throes of desiring one
who holds the heart captivated, the imagery pulls with a force of its own, captures the reader
in the midst of the moment held captive by pondering thoughts, as penned through the soul,
the passionate design is artistically crafted, smooth, and highly imaginative, dreamers dream.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This stirs me up, yet a very romantic writing.

Makes me want to sit down and work on my latest story too.

I am glad that I finally sat down to read it too.
Letting my mind wander..........

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Once again Phil, you have done an excellent job expressing love and romance to it's fullest. Beautifully penned. I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Succulent...as juicy as they come...your poetry is edible to the soul. Lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful poem Phil, so tender,loving and full of desire, wonderful romantic and descriptive, sighhhhh. lovely work as always.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's some nice floating images in this. For me I thought that you overused the word 'love' in this. Must admit I have not noticed this before in your work which always is able to expresses that same type of feeling. Also I did think that you were going to move back to the thoughts of the water at the end as this would have rounded the poem off rather nicely, even if the first sentence was used again.

I hope you view my comments as constructive as overall I did enjoy reading this.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, this is so beautiful

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed your reflections on special times and thoughts. It's a true gift to have your beautiful words to keep you company until you are together. Very romantic!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Another great write for that book of yours, Phil. You may not know that when water is present in a Tarot card, it represents emotion and passion, so this piece was especially symbolic to me. As I read this, I saw the river you describe - beautiful, powerful, yet content. Kudos!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Another wonderful tribute to your sweetheart..You are going to make a lot of people not lucky enough to have a new start in a relationship like yours envious..God bless..Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I can actually picture the scenery around as I read this. The romance of this is beautiful, and wonderful. I agree with others, there is a lot of visuality to this that draws us in.

Thank you for this...I totally enjoyed reading this!!!

Karol Lynn

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2008

Author

Phil Sanders
Phil Sanders

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a part time photographer and poet when I am not earning my normal crust. I live in Kent in the UK in a little village called Upnor which is right on the River Medway. I love photographing sunris.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Phil Sanders



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain