Be Alone

Be Alone

A Poem by Brandon

I’m done trying to see, done suffocating when  trying to breathe, yea you’re killing me. I’ve changed my whole life for you, everything I do, and all I get is your f*****g attitude. It’s not as easy as it seems, when I’m coming apart at the seams. This used to be a perfect love affair but now it’s clear.

I’m running after a life I can’t lead, I’m running towards a wife that’s gonna leave. My smiles are no longer my own, you’ve turned my heart into stone. I’m ready to be alone, be alone.

You can’t tell me you don’t see that were on life support you and me.  Our life just a blip on a screen,  I wanna scream. I wanna wake up from this nightmare of a former dream.

I’m running after a life I can’t lead, I’m running towards a wife that’s gonna leave. My smiles are no longer my own, you’ve turned my heart into stone. I’m ready to be alone, be alone.

Put the nails in the coffin of all this s**t, I’m so done dealing with it. I gave you all I got to give, and you’re still looking for more. But I aint got no more. You’ve bled me dry, I got no tears to cry.

I’m running after a life I can’t lead, I’m running towards a wife that’s gonna leave. My smiles are no longer my own, you’ve turned my heart into stone. I’m ready to be alone, be alone.

© 2011 Brandon


Author's Note

Brandon
Honest review of the lyrics if there is anything you like and stands out let me know. I probably have some grammar problems i dont really proof read after i write i know i should. i forget to put an apostrophe every now and again.
Thanks,
Brandon

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sounds like you are motivated to write by the struggles in your relationships. That is what motivates me most as well. In this poem, I feel your resolve in wanting the marriage to be over. I hate to say it, but I've been there, too. I have several poems that have this same sound, so I am very familiar with where you were at this point in your life. Just another word of caution...watch your grammar because it can change the meaning of what you are writing. For example, you use the word "were" when you should use "we're = we are." That makes a big difference to the reader.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 29, 2011
Tags: Alone, Lyrics, Closure, broken up, love

Author

Brandon
Brandon

MA



About
My names Brandon I've always been big into writing, my close friends are usually the only people that ever get to see it. They say it's good so I thought it was time I share some of it and see what ot.. more..

Writing
Dead Streets Dead Streets

A Poem by Brandon


Jameson Neat Jameson Neat

A Poem by Brandon


Faithless Faithless

A Poem by Brandon