(1)Love at First Sight

(1)Love at First Sight

A Chapter by Bug377
"

Janet and Jeremy meet for the first time.

"

        1963 

I sat digging in the dirt on a hot day in 1963. My hands were caked with dirt and I realized Mother would soon get mad. I went over the water hose, dropping my bucket, watching it roll into the street. I sighed and went to the water hose. I am seven years old and my name is Janet Kenneth. I was enjoying the summertime very much, even though I get into trouble all of the time.

         I felt the cold water fall over my hands. It felt so good on my rough, dry skin. I heard the sound of a beat up motor. I turned around and saw a tan colored truck drive up. I heard the old tires rumble up my driveway. There were two men and a child in the back. The child was about seven, or looked like it, and had shaggy blond hair. He was wearing over-alls and had some worn-out sneakers on. The engine stopped and the men stepped out of the truck, carrying two paint buckets each. They had paint all over them and looked filthy. I lived in a little house in the outside of town. But even my small house with dents in it looked a lot better then the men that were walking up to it.

      "What are you doing? This is my house." I said, confidently.

       They looked at me funny and the younger looking man said, "Well, excuse us miss, but your mama and daddy hired us to paint your fence in the backyard. They walso want us to weed and do some yardwork. This here is my boy Jeremy." I smiled at the cutie. He smiled so cute and I almost died when he looked at me. I knew it was love at first site. I smiled at him so big I thought my teeth might fall out.

       "Why don't you kids go play tag or something and leave us men alone to work. Hi honey, I am Billy. I don't think I properly introduced myself. Jeremy's name is Steven. What is your name?" The other man asked.

      "Janet."

      "What a pretty name." Billy said and walked away with Steven.

      "Hi. My name is Janet. Wanna make mud pies?" I asked him.

      "Are you sure your'e a girl? You don't seem like one. You like to play." He said.

      "Hey! I'm posotive I am a girl!" I said. Then I smiled and led him to my backyard. We went over to the muddiest part of my backyard. I had a blue sundress on that I did not even care if I got muddy, but mother might. We got wildflowers that we found growing by my porch and put them into the gooey mud. We put small rocks on the top to decorate, and then got clovers for candles. It was such a nice moment. I could not believe that I had met this wonderful boy. He kept smiling at me. We played tag, attempted to play red rover, hide and seek, and what seemed like a million other games until Steven came out.

     "Time to go Jeremy. Billy is waiting in the car." Steven said.

     I tapped his sun-burned shoulder. He turned around. "When will you be back?"

      Steven must have over-heard because he said, "Tomorrow and the next day. Then we are finished here." I waved bye.

     

       The next day was so much fun. We played in my cheap sand box until we sand everywhere imaginable. After being around Jeremy, I learned that he was poor.He was the kind of person Mother would call "less fortunate." I had heard her say that before about people we saw that lived on the streets. He lived in a small trailer park on the outskirts of town and wore the same thing almost everyday. After he left that day, I told Mother. She said that we should give him some clothes. She said she knew a place where they sell clothes really cheap. She said we could go there this afternoon.

      That afternoon, we went and picked up a few pairs of jeans and some t shirts. We picked out some sandals and sneakers. We bought them and I was so excited to give them to him.

       When he finally came, I handed them to him and he looked extatic. He threw them in the truck and thanked me a million times. He left early that day, and I was something that Mother called "depressed." I found a letter on my bed that night. Janet was written on the front. I opened it and read:

       Dear Janet, this is not the las time to see each other, I promise.

From, Jeremy.

 

             I thought it was so sweet. The only thing I could do, is wait to see Jeremy again.



© 2009 Bug377


Author's Note

Bug377
This is written in the mind of a seven year old.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks for the reviews guys!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this, Ev! But the only suggestion I would make for the future would be to combine sentences more. It would help the flow of the story. Otherwise, great job! I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1the first chapter is so sweet.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2009


Author

Bug377
Bug377

MS



About
I am a 12 year old girl from the south-east. I love to write. I hate people who think that children can't write because it is obviously not true. I have a friend on here who is my age and is one.. more..

Writing