Maybe

Maybe

A Poem by becca
"

A short poem detailing the loss of a long-distance yet wholesome love.

"

Maybe it’s the way you cared for me and all of me.

Maybe it’s the way you never questioned my flaws.

Maybe it’s the way you always wanted to hold me.

Maybe it’s the way you’d think about me on your way home.

Maybe it’s the way I took you for granted.
Maybe it’s the way I could never rest my hand on your cheek as we kissed.

Maybe it’s the way I never learned how to love right, to make it last.


Maybe it’s the way we just couldn’t work.

Maybe it’s the way we lost each other in time.


Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be.

© 2020 becca


Author's Note

becca
This poem is based on my life unfortunately like most of my writings, I hope you appreciate the first-hand account in this short and sweet poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, Becca! When I read this for a second time, something became very apparent to me. This poem is a timeline. First, it's when everything is perfect and happy. Second, it's when she realized why things are deteriorating. Third is the breakup. Finally, it's the reflection of it all. I really liked this. As an amateur writer myself, I feel in line with your level of skill. This feels like I could've written it, it fits my style perfectly!

Lastly, I just wanted to warn you/let you know something. I know something I've kinda noticed from my reviews is that people think my stuff is cheesy. If anyone says that to you, embrace it! I love cheesy stuff so I ate this up!

James

Posted 4 Years Ago


becca, I really enjoyed reading this poem. I can definitely relate and it was very honest and well-written. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

becca

4 Years Ago

thank you for your time! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2020
Last Updated on April 5, 2020
Tags: love, breakup, long distance, star crossed

Author

becca
becca

CA



About
i'm 17 and a lot of my poems are based around the same theme, love. as i'm sure you can imagine it's a very overly saturated theme but that's why i love writing personally, i don't have to write to pl.. more..

Writing
Angel Angel

A Poem by becca


Raw Raw

A Poem by becca


Klon Klon

A Poem by becca