N/A

N/A

A Story by bunnehbooh
"

Yet another WIP just more things to save

"

 I waited in line at the cafe a few blocks from my house. I was mostly here to use the cafe's free wifi, and I don't mind the Strawberry Cheesecake Latte. I got up to the counter, and Lindsay, the owner wasn't manning the cash register, I panicked a little bit, it was a guy instead.


“Welcome to In and Out Coffee Bar, I'm Simon, what would you like.” I shifted my vision to make it seem like I was looking at the menu.


His voice was silky, and deep, with a slight Southern accent, twinged with a little British, he tapped his foot, and I mumbled just barely loud enough for him to hear,”Strawberry Cheesecake Latte. Medium please.”


He tapped some buttons on the register, and then looked at me again,”Name?”


I hesitated, and then softly said,”Stephany.”


He smiled at me,”Okay Stephany, that will be $4.57, and we'll call your name when it's ready.”


I handed him exact change and made a swift retreat, I sat down at the little table farthest from Simon, and when I heard him talking to the next person in line I dared to look at him. He was slightly tanned, which wasn't surprising, since summer was just coming to an end. His dark brown hair was a little past his ears, and looked messy, but the good kind of messy. He looked like he had to be tall, but Lindsay looked tall behind the register, then I found out she wasn't much taller then me.


I glanced around the small room, most people had left, even the ones that ordered after me. Lindsay smiled at me from behind the counter, she was holding the cup with my name misspelled on it and wiggling her eye brows at me. I glanced away back towards the register to catch Simon starring at me. His eyes were a dull brown, and looked friendly. As soon as we locked eyes, he spun away and walked to Lindsay giving her his apron saying he was going on break.


“Why don't you deliver this to her.” She pointed at me, and Simon blushed a little.


He nodded and took the cup, but she stopped him and told him something and gave him a sharpie. He smiled at her, replied to whatever she asked and wrote something on my cup. He gave Lindsay the marker back, and she turned towards me as he went through a door behind her. She mouthed 'Hi Dora' and winked at me.


Before I know I had a plain black t-shirt blocking my view of the only person here I knew. I looked at the table then he cleared his throat,”Lindsay says 'Hi Dora.” He set my cup down, and I could tell he was shaking,”Here's your Strawberry Cheesecake Latte.”


He turned to walk away, but stopped, I turned my head slightly to catch him playing a game of guess what Lindsay was up to. He must have figured it out, she shrugged turned back around and sat down the small chair across from me.


I stared at my cup, and the silence was beyond awkward, I was pretty sure I was going to have a panic attack, he broke the silence,”Why did she want me to say hi Dora, if your names Stephany?”


I started to panic more, but I took a few deep breaths, what was Lindsay doing. I turned my head away and tried to ignore him. He figured that out and got up to leave, but I heard the sigh he made when I guess Lindsay decided to keep playing. He sat back down.


He leaned back in his chair,”Look, the devil herself won't let me leave unless I can get you to talk to me. So, yea, talk to me about anything.”


I retreated into my shell, but whispered so he couldn't hear it, but made sure Lindsay saw my lips moving,”D-Dora is my mi-middle name.”


I glanced up to find a confused look on his face, which didn't satisfy Lindsay. I took out my phone and texted her,'Why' She ignored my text. I looked up at Simon again. The only way to get rid of him is to talk to him, and I know she wants more then a sentence.


“D-Dora is-s m-my mi-middle na-me.” I was shaking so bad it was barely comprehensible.


But he smiled, and did an overly British accent to my name”Stephany Dora, that's kinda cute.”


I held out my cup and pointed to my name, and was a little calmer now,”It's spelt wrong”


He raised an eye brow at me,”How do you spell it.”


I took out my sketch book, and jumped past the first half of it, which was full of anime characters I'd drawn, and wrote slowly, S-t-e-p-h-a-n-y. I turned it so he could see, then closed it. He took out his phone, like he was checking something. He had 4 charms hanging off of his phone, all chibi styled characters, I knew 2 of them, but the other 2 weren't familiar at all.


He put his phone away looked at Lindsay, so did I, she nodded, he got up,”Well cheerio then.”


I watched him walk out the door, and turned back to look at Lindsay who was in the back room. I grabbed my cup and decided to hightail it out of there.


As soon as I finished the 15 minute walk home, I remembered I still had the cup, and hadn't looked at or touched it. I took a drink then remembered that Simon had scribbled something on it. I looked down, it was a phone number. I debated calling him, to ask why he put his number there, of course, but I wasn't sure how to ask. I read the little thing next to it then 'give me a ring'


I decided to be lazy, and texted his number instead, just with my name so he knew the number in case I decided to go past the original conversation. I got a reply call, which I hung up on. I waited a few minutes then he called again. This time I answered.


“Hello?”


“Blimey! You actually answered.” I blinked a couple of times,”Well, hiya. I didn't think I'd even get a response at all, this is really a surprise.”


“Blimey?”


“Oh sorry, don't mind that, just some old habits.” I heard him doing something in the background.


“W-why did you put y-your number on my cup?”


“Awe, well I would kinda prefer to discuss that in person, but I have a feeling that's a no.”


We sat in silence, and he whistled my schools homecoming song thing. I don't know what it's called, but I know I heard it at the homecoming crowning.


I took a deep breath,”How do you know that?”


He stopped whistling,”That's my old schools song, why?”


“No reason.”


“So can we meet in person.”he took a big breath,”I can pick you up at the cafe.”


“Well, ummm..”I couldn't think of an excuse, at least not one I wanted to use, oh well,”I can't, I, umm, have to... get ready because I'm going to the park by my house.” Yep, not telling him I'm naked, seems like a very bad idea.


“Really what is the park called?”


“Mercy”


He laughed,”Well then, I'll see you soon.”


He hung up, and now some stranger was expecting me at a park. I decided I'd go there and come up with another excuse not to go anywhere with him. I'm still not sure why I called him, why I'm going to the park to see him. I'm pretty sure I'm sick. As I walked out the door I checked my temperature.


Nope all fine.


I got to the park, no cars were parked there. I sat down on the swings and waited. I'd tell him to leave me alone, and that was that. End of story.


I was going through my mental chant when he walked up beside me and sat on the swing next to me,”Hello.” I squealed and almost fell off my swing.


I looked at him, then quickly turned away, and meekly said,”Hi.”


He smiled,”Where should we start? Well since you don't talk much, why don't we get you talking, or at least try.”


He got off his swing and stood in front of me and walked towards me. Instinctively I backed up to be stopped by the swing, but now I was standing face to face with him. He smiled, it actually looked shy, but he kept his distant.


“Stephany Dora.” He mutter,”Stunning name for a stunning girl.”


“I'm sorry I had to see your eyes up close.” He stepped back.


I hadn't noticed I was looking into his eyes, but now that I think about it, I was,”Please just Stephany.”


He smiled and went back to the other swing and I moved a swing over. We sat there swinging. I was too shy and scared to tell him to go away and leave me alone. I had a strange feeling he didn't want to anyways.


He glanced over at me,”Do you like anime?”


That caught me off guard,”Yes.”


He looked away, well answering his questions was a little easier now,”Do you still want to know why I put my number on your cup?”


I jumped at this,”Yes.”


He smiled and looked away,”Then ask me.”


He wants me to ask, okay fine,”W-w-why....” I lost all of my words, so I tried again,”W-why di-did you put y-your nu-number on m-my c-cup.” Why was I so shakey.


He put his head back,”It's a long story, do you have time?”I nodded,”Ahh well, I don't know, I don't know you too well yet, but I want to, do you want to come over and watch anime?”


I just looked at him,”No.”


He looked surprised,”I meant somewhere public, like the cafe, or the library.”


This time I thought about it, he had little chibis on his phone that I've never seen before, I might want to see those animes,”Fine. Cafe, but I want something to eat.”


He smiled,”Of course Kitten.” He made a slight purr after saying kitten.


He stood up and walked off towards the cafe, but instead straight into a house, then he came back out, with a bag,”Had to grab my stuff.”


He walked away again, and I followed this time. We walked to the cafe, he set his stuff down in a booth, walked away then came back.


“What do you want to eat kitten?”


I shook my head,”Don't call me kitten. Just get me a sandwich.”


He purred as he walked away,”but it's a cute nickname.”


He went up and that's when Lindsay saw him, then he pointed at me, and she beamed at him. Obviously these two were working against me. Lindsay jumped up and made 2 sandwiches, handing them to Simon, then shooed him, not letting him pay. He walked back over by me, and Lindsay made a strawberry cheesecake latte, for herself.


© 2014 bunnehbooh


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on December 13, 2014
Last Updated on December 13, 2014

Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh