2

2

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

I landed on my face, on dirt, sand, something that wasn't concrete or the glass that I was just shoved into. I opened my eyes and everything was black. I reached around me and felt grass small rocks, I put my hands further back and felt more of the ground.


I attempted to sit myself up, and just fell back down, I put my hands in front of me, and hit something different, shoes, and a voice cut through my thoughts,”What are you doing here, and why did you bring someone here?”


My eyes were starting to adjust, and Jackson spoke to the voice,”I can't very well protect her since the chillspawns seem to want her.”


The other guy grumbled,”I still don't see why you would bring her here, we don't want them to come here, why don't you just let them turn her into a popsicle along with them.”


My eyes had adjusted enough to see that Jackson put his hand on the other mans arm,”Connor you know I can't do that. I'm charged with protecting the entire Jenkins family.”


The man, whose name is Connor apparently took a step back,”You mean she's a Jenkins'?”Jackson nodded,”You mean as in the daughter of Stephanie Jenkins, oh s**t, she's going to be pissed.”


“The one and only.”he looked over noting that my eyes were open and I looked confused, he sighed,”And she's awake, and she heard everything from the look on her face.”


Connor whistled, and they both walked over,”Sorry, Angela was it, didn't mean to let you in on your moms big secret or anything.”


Jackson pulled me up to my feet,”The dizziness will wear off.”He looped his arm around my back and helped me walk towards a hotel in the distance.


We walked inside the building, and it was elaborately decorated, almost matching my mothers home. He walked me to an elevator and pushed the the button for second floor, and we sat in silence, and the elevator dinged and he hauled me to a room as quickly as possible, and pushed me in the door.


I looked around the room, everything was white, except the big black flat screen tv, he cleared his throat,”I'm going to leave you in your moms room, and I'll be back in half an hour with food, and an idea of how we should proceed.”


He walked out, and closed the door behind him, so I looked around the room, it definitely felt like a room my mom would stay in. It looked nice, I would give her that much. I sat down on the bed, and heard a commotion in the hallway, stomping around, yelling, and over all b***h fit.


The door was flung open and my mom came in, screaming at Jackson who was right behind her,”Why would you bring her here, why would you even mention me, what is wrong with you?”


She walked over to me her eyes were hard and cold to begin with, then they softened when they saw I was,”Hi mom.”


She hugged me close,”Oh sweetie, I hope your okay,”She held me back at a distance and looked me over,”Did their magic hit you, you aren't freaking out because they were using magic, are you?”


I laughed at my mom,”Oh, puh-lease, if I were freaking out it wouldn't be because they were flinging fire balls and icicles around me in the middle of the park, or the fact that that lunatic keeps appearing and disappearing in front of me, and then he”I point at Jackson,”draws some weird symbol on a shop window, and throws me through it. Then I end up here, to learn that this is all somehow connected to you. No none of that is making me freak out right now!”


My mom scowls,”Jackson, go make me some tea. This is going to take awhile.”


Jackson leaves, and I jump up and go at my mom,”Okay, now explain, I don't want to wait for your damn tea.”


She rolls her eyes,”Jesus Angela, your so impatient. It's not that big of a deal. These people are magic, they have ancestors that were also magic, but a different kind of a magic, that was bad, so now they are trying to take care of their bad ancestors descendants. Also I'm a part of this world and have magic, you however didn't get any. So I never wanted you anywhere near this life, but here you are.”


“You? Your magic?”I grabbed my stomach,”That's hilarious, you aren't magic,”I stood up and gave her my nastiest voice possible, and sneered at her,”your just some lousy mom. Worthless, you probably have no clue what's even going on.”


My mom came up to me faster then I've ever seen anyone move, and she pulled her hand back, and slapped me across my face,”You will not speak to me that way. I am the Matriarch of this entire society, and I don't want to show you the extent of my power. But one more outburst like that, and I'll tell Jackson to release you to the Chillspawn, and I won't think twice about it.”I grabbed my cheek, and just looked at her.


I was taken aback, the last time she ever struck me was when I was and broke all of her nice china in a fit. I watched her flit around the room, moving things, and cleaning stuff up. This was her usual routine, I just never realized how quickly she actually moved and did everything. I sat down on the chair opposite of the room, watching her, I let my hand fall down to my lap, as I appraised everything she's ever done.


The door open and Jackson came in with a tea kettle and 3 tea cups, my mom walked over and pointed where to put it,”Milady, do you want any cream or sugar.”


She smiled at him and touched his face,”No, I don't.”


He smiled back at her, then turned to me,”Would you like cream or--”


I snapped,”No, I don't want any tea.”


My mother gave me a vicious look again,”Give her a cup with both cream and sugar.”


He looked at me, and then his eyes focused on the red welt mark on my face,”I'll finish pouring the tea and I'll go out and get the aloe rub.”


“Thank you again Jackson.”My mom took the cup as he offered it to her, then he came over and gave me one, that I took reluctantly, my mom stared me down,”Drink it. All of it.”


I tipped the cup back, and drank all of the tea as quickly as I could, I knew my mom wouldn't put anything in it that would hurt me, but instead calm me. When Jackson made it back with a cooling green rub, and knelt in front of me applying it carefully to my face. He stopped and looked deep into my eyes, which were starting to get blurred.


“Milady, I think she's reacting differently then normal.”


My mom rushed over,”Oh dear, Jackson put her on my bed.”She ran into the bathroom, and Jackson scooped me up, placing me gently on my moms bed, lingering over me for a few seconds too long.


My mom ran back out, and put a cool cloth on my forehead, I attempted to move my hand to push the rag off my face, but Jackson grabbed my hand,”Angela, leave the rag alone.”He kissed my hand,”I'm going to ask you some questions, you just have to stay with me.”


I nodded, then my mom touched my other hand,”I'll be in the hallway.”And she turned around, walked out without looking back.


Jackson snapped beside my head, and I slowly turned to look at him,”What is your name?”


I rolled my eyes,”That's a stupid question, obviously you know me well enough to know my name.”


He smiled,”Good point, just answer the question.”



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh