3

3

A Chapter by bunnehbooh

I rolled my eyes at him. He went through like 20 different really stupid questions, and I gave him a stupid answer every five questions, to try to tell him I was okay, and to just leave me alone. But every time I tried to sit up he would put his hand on my shoulder and push me down and hold me there, and stare into my eyes for a few seconds too long.


He stepped back from the bed,”Okay Angela, you can get up now, but don't get too excited, you still have to stay in this room.”


“Well since your done with your questions, I'm going to ask some.”I sat up,”What did you give me?”


“Classified.”He smirked at me,”Next question.”


“What are you?”


“Well, lets see here, simple answer or complicated answer?”


“Simple, please.”


“Well put simply, we are Wims', which is just a name that was given to us at the beginning of time. We use fire against the Virq's, which you were attacked by. We track everything in the world by brain waves, and if were emotionally close enough to a person we can, in a way, read the person thoughts.”


I raised an eyebrow at him,”And why do you have to fight the Virq's?”


“Simple. They steal and eat human souls.”He gave me a smug grin, I'm pretty sure he was trying to say that he saved my life.


“Do you have to do anything special to get your powers?”


“Nope, born with them.”He looks to the side,”Well everyone besides for you at least, because you don't have any.”


“Oh shut up.”I snapped.”Why would I want stupid fire powers anyways?”


“To protect yourself, so I don't have to watch you all the time. It would help everyone.”


I looked at him, then turned away from him on the bed. I scooted across the bed and put my feet down on the floor. I felt the bed shift as he climbed on it, and scooted closer to me.


He wrapped his arms around my waist, and whispered into my hair,”I'm sorry, I really don't mind watching you. That was mean, I shouldn't have said it.”and kissed my neck.


Stop touching me! I thought as hard as I could, and he jerked back. So apparently he was emotionally close to me, a little scary, since I just met him yesterday. He got up at the bed, and sat down in his chair seconds before my mom came in the room.


She looked between us, and shook her head,”So I'll take it your feeling better, but the tonic didn't work. Jackson, fix it, so it works on her.” Jackson nodded and got out as quickly as he could.”What happened?”


“He made fun of me for not having powers, and that I'm wasting everyone's time. Then he had the nerve to hold me and...”Did I really want to tell her that he kissed my neck,”he apologized, but it was strange, and awkward.”


“Makes sense, Jackson is a little awkward, never knew how to act around girls, that's why he was assigned to you.”


Which reminded me,”Why do I have someone assigned to me?”


“Simple.”She smiled as sweetly as possible,”If your ever captured, I don't deal with terrorists, it's your protectors job to get you out alive, or if you know anything, to kill you before they can find anything out from you.”


I felt my jaw drop, just slightly, now that I know something, if I get captured I'm dead,”Are you serious?”


“Yes, why would I be kidding about that.”She gave me an incredulous look,”I take my peoples safety seriously.”


“So your saying if I'm captured now I'll be killed, by who? Jackson?”I snapped.


She gave me a sweet smile,”Yes, he's been trained, and sadly you wouldn't be his first.”


I jerked back as the door opened, Jackson came in slowly and looked straight at me, and I turned away,”I think I fixed it, it should work on her now.”


I jumped off my bed,”You two psychos aren't giving me anything else, I'm out of here.”


I turned to walk out the door, and my mom swooned,”But if you leave, we won't be able to find out if your powers are just hidden?”


I walked out the door, and I heard them having a mumbled conversation, and Jackson raised his voice,”I thought you said I would only have to do that if she were captured!”


My mom raised her voice back, I stopped to listen,”Well you brought her here, now they'll definitely be after, so she's already captured!”


“I can't do that to her.” He whinned.


“Why not exactly?”


He hesitated, and mumbled something I couldn't hear, and my mom laughed,”You, a lowly servant, like the daughter of the Queen, oh my this is hilarious. And on top of that, she has no powers, so it's like being in love with a human, it's a waste of your time. Go get her NOW!”


Jackson got out the door, then saw that I was sitting there with a horrified look on my face, he looked back,”Umm...” He turned back to the door, then away from it.


He grabbed my arm and we walked away from my moms room, and he turned into another door, smaller, less decorated, and he shoved me down on the bed. He walked to the closet, and I watched him the entire time, his face was flushed, and he almost looked like he was going to cry. I walked over to him, and touched his shoulder. He spun around put his hands on my shoulders, and pushed me back across the room, and on to the bed, and he pinned me down.


We sat there for a few minutes with him on top of me thinking, then he climbed off, brushing his lips against my cheek. He walked back over to the closet and finished what he had been doing, then he grabbed something in a giant plastic bag, and laid it across the bed. I got up and looked at it. It was a dress, the skirt in front was slightly shorter then in the back, but still would probably come to my ankles, it was a pastel purple fading up to a rich purple halter top, the waist had a belt of gems going around it.


Jackson opened the bag,”Put it on, you have dinner tonight, in front of everyone. And dinner is always formal.”


I grabbed and went to go change, expecting him to leave, instead he watched me,”Are you going to leave so I can get changed?”


“Why would I leave? I've seen you get changed before, you may not have known.” He looked confused.


“Yea, I didn't know you were there, but I know your here now, so leave.” I pointed at the door.


He walked out the door, and said something under his breath. I slipped the dress out of the bag, and slid it over me, and it felt like silk against my skin. I reached back to zip it up, just to realize it's a lace up dress. My mom always put me in these and I always hated it.


I walked to the door, hopefully he was still there, ”Jackson, umm... I need some help.”


He opened the door, and placed his hands on my shoulders turning me around, he grabbed the laces, and yanked on them to make them go as tight as he could get them, and chuckled to himself, ”Is that too tight, Princess.” He sneered at me, while pulling them tighter.


He finished lacing it, and put he bent arm out in front of me, how could he think I would take his arm after that! He kept his arm out, slightly standing in my way to the door. I tried to walk around him, but he followed my steps to stay between me and the door. I placed both hands on him, know that most men his size I could just shove out of my way.


I pushed as hard as I could, and just ended up wearing myself out, I plopped down on the ground, he placed his hand in my face, and tssked me, ”Now that's no place for a lady, no matter how defeated she feels.”


I begrudgingly took his hand and he helped me up and proceeded to place it in the crook of his arm, I refused to look at him, “I wasn't that defeated.”


We walked silently down the halls of the used to be hotel, I looked around us, there was no one else here, now would be the time to escape. I figured I could get away with walking a little bit farther, hotels always had stairs somewhere. He turned me into the elevator, this was going to be almost too easy. We went to the first floor, and he grabbed my hand as we left the elevator. He walked me to a nice dining area, set up for what almost seemed like royalty.


I looked around the room, there were hundreds of people, all different colors, sizes, and shapes. There were tables draped with white table clothes all around the room, covered in food, more food then I've seen in a long time. Reminded me of my mom's holidays. Speaking of the devil, she waved at Jackson, upon seeing us come through the door, and he steered that direction, plunking me in the seat right beside my mom.


She cleared her throat, and everyone that had been in the middle area made their ways to seats at the tables. I saw a few people that I amazingly knew, and ex-boyfriend of mine, my uncle Travis, and his wife Cora. A few of my moms friends, I couldn't remember their names, not like I cared anyways. I glanced behind me, and Jackson, along with 5 other men, stood behind me and my mom.


My mom rose, “Oh, how great it is today. I finally get to introduce you to my daughter, and she finally knows everything. Unfortunately, she still has no powers. But either way, Angela,” My mom reached down and grabbed my arm, standing me up, “this is my family.”


All eyes were on me, waiting for me to do something, I finally turned towards my mom, “Does dad know?”


“Yes,”She turned away from me quickly, and sat down.


I followed suit, but I wasn't done yet, “Where is dad?”


She took a bite of food, either trying to decide if she should lie, or tell me something I knew she'd hidden from me for as long as I could remember, she turned to me and look straight into my eyes, “He's dead. Jackson killed him when he was captured.”


I balked at the thought of the man I just had to sit in an elevator alone with killing my father, I was 9, and I was always told he got into a car crash and died. I turned around and looked at Jackson, clearly he heard my mom tell me, because the look he sent me was asking for all of the forgiveness in the world. He wasn't going to get it, not from me at least.



© 2015 bunnehbooh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2015


Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh