My Story for You

My Story for You

A Story by Mary E Green
"

For my daughter...

"

     "Tell a story about me Mommy" you had decided, true to your nature.

 

     This story begins with many flutterings and the flowering of your beating heart, a sound which instantly soothed this Mother's own.  Alone, you and I would be- the times I would sneek away to the dark of an empty hospital room, close my eyes and listen to the magic inside, filled with the wonder that comes only with such miracles. 

 

     You entered the world with  a plan- that was for sure. What?  Your tiny mouth would not say but ask Memere, she knows this to be true.  But, there was one last flurry of activity before you arrived.  I swear I can feel this still.  The best part of those early days, determined you were but gentle as a kitten kneeding my belly as you fed.  Your favorite song was about a certain Black Sheep and your favorite food was carrots- there was no mistaken that orange glow.  The time you laughed so hard at the noises outside, dark eyes beaming as they met mine, sitting in your bouncy seat, a baby still- I said to myself "May I never forget this".  That belly laugh comes to me still.   I do believe there was quite a many years that I was your favorite person, but I won't dwell on that.

 

     Many years have passed, how many teeth have you lost, I cannot keep track!  Your shiny dark hair now grows long, but it did take a long time to come my dear.  Those beautiful dark eyes are full of expression - something I pray they never lose.  Wow, the flashes of speed in those growing legs and those moments your beauty catches me off guard. There is more, however.  It is your playful spirit I admire most. Too soon you will be a young woman, but I am comforted knowing the wonder, excitement, and joy safe inside.  My only request, never forget the strength I have seen in you.  No, not the strength of a superhero, but the determination that has been with you all along.   May that early plan that was born with you never be lost.  No matter the tough days that may come or the scary dreams in your night, may this plan stay with you.  Do not ask me to explain who gave this to you  because just as you were a gift to me- this is life's gift to you. 

 

     How will my story end, I will not guess.  But, I will offer this.  Whatever the plan may be, the joys yet to come and life's lessons yet to learn, I will love you through them all.  Oh, and one last thing.  Strip away the layers of mundane daily life and this is my story for you. 

 

    

 

© 2013 Mary E Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A beautiful retelling of a baby growing into a young woman. I assume this is a girl. Your style is unique and your flow is just amazing. The length was perfect for this tale and the language was great.
"Your tiny mouth would not say but ask Memere, she knows this to be true." here the Memere should have quotation marks around it. Just a grammatical note.
Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mary E Green

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Imara, and yes you are of course right about the quotations..Best to you...



Reviews

A beautiful retelling of a baby growing into a young woman. I assume this is a girl. Your style is unique and your flow is just amazing. The length was perfect for this tale and the language was great.
"Your tiny mouth would not say but ask Memere, she knows this to be true." here the Memere should have quotation marks around it. Just a grammatical note.
Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mary E Green

10 Years Ago

Many thanks Imara, and yes you are of course right about the quotations..Best to you...
This is great Mary, I appreciated the tones of your sentimentality and the other emotionally driven components of your meticously written, homage to your daughter, well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mary E Green

11 Years Ago

Dear Sheema, thank you for your thoughtful feedback- "homage" is exactly right! Best...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013
Tags: family, motherhood, daughter

Author

Mary E Green
Mary E Green

MA



About
A mother/wife and Rn in that order who is grateful on a daily basis. A realistic optimisit , a good listener, compassionate and kind. Words flow more freely in writing for me... more..

Writing