I am a Bostonian

I am a Bostonian

A Story by Mary E Green
"

In the wake of the trajedy of Marathon Monday...I reflect.

"
     I dream of traveling the world, my list is quite long in fact, but I will always come home. No matter how beautiful, exciting, serene these places can be- Boston is home. My nightime lullaby as a child was the planes headed into Logan & the cars passing on Rt. 93. My favorite book was "Make Way for the Ducklings". I dreamed of being part of The Boston Ballet. As a teen, taking the train into town was the epitome of cool. Headed across the border to college was always marked in my mind no matter how many times I made this trip. My accent has been questioned but not even once did I feel embarrassed. I am the blood of Boston- proud & strong yesterday, today & all my tomorrows.

© 2013 Mary E Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Who we are as Americans. People from different necks of the woods aspiring to do great things. Dreaming big as a child and learning to embrace the life one has acquired. Boston, New York, Connecticut, Colorado, Arizona and Oklahoma are great examples of our nations resilience. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Inspiring. No one, foreign nor domestic will break your spirits! I know that my school is planning on doing blood donation to help. I hope you had no loses. We know Boston will come back stronger than ever and that the villains behind his will be caught and receive proper punishment. Love and support from Rhode Island.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary E Green

11 Years Ago

You touched my heart, thank you xx
Touching to read your sentiments after yesterdays terrible terrible tragedy, best regards

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mary E Green

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kindness Sheema, best to you as well...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013

Author

Mary E Green
Mary E Green

MA



About
A mother/wife and Rn in that order who is grateful on a daily basis. A realistic optimisit , a good listener, compassionate and kind. Words flow more freely in writing for me... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ant Ant

A Poem by zainul