Love

Love

A Story by c k doley

"What is love?", the boy thought. He had no memory of love it seemed. Years had passed by in the walk of his life, cities changed, inhabitants changed, roads changed, but he never encountered love. "What is happening?", he thought, "where am i going?" Deep down he saw the futility of everything he was doing, everything everyone was doing, it seemed that there was something vital missing in everyone; the monotonous, mechanical world moving ahead. He suddenly had a faint but striking vision of a buzzing, lively market with neon lights and happy faces, and laughter, unhindered, and pleasing to the senses. The echoes of the laughter remained. He felt completely lost, and very old. "I really am a changed man", he told himself, "but some part of me should have remained". Because certain things in a person are all that is truly there, the rest is nothing but gifts by society and education. And once those very qualities are eradicated by the gifts of society and education then one becomes a nameless entity, a part of a nameless monster without a face and....without love. Because love is a personal touch, a personal sigh, and love always has a name. "A name?", the boy thought, "what name?" A name that has the whole of your universe inside it, a sound, an amalgamation of syllables, a roll of your tongue, an eternity inside a moment, a sudden outburst of joy and pain in the same unit, a longing, a frustration... "Hey! I got it, you can stop!", the boy said to himself. "Meghali Pegu. Yes that is the name that used to create tornadoes inside my heart. But believe me she is not a speck of what she was, she does not even look the same." Have you ever asked yourself, am i a speck of what i was? Do i look the same? Ask yourself, how much of that honesty, truth and determination of my childhood is left in me? How much of that passion to change the world by "your brilliance" is left in you? "I am in love once again!", the boy declared to himself. He found himself again it seemed, the boy, by finding his memory of love. It slowly dawned to him that he had been living an entirely magical life during the time of his love.

© 2012 c k doley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Magical love. Nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012
Tags: Kara Emily Krantz, L.A. Swift, Reeti, Bohemia

Author

c k doley
c k doley

new delhi, sheikh sharai phase-2, India



About
I love writing, reading, being with friends, travelling. I think i was born to be a writer. So, i am living each day of my life honing my story-telling gift. More than anything i love and respect othe.. more..

Writing