The Love That Never Had The Chance To Bloom

The Love That Never Had The Chance To Bloom

A Story by c k doley

The twenty year old boy really meant it when she described that woman of his desires as the highest form of torture and longing and sacrifice. He could not escape her completely even when he had decided long back that he would not pursue his heart's desire and just let her go by and probably fall in love with someone else altogether. But it turned out that everything was not over even when everything had been recognised as over, every opportunity placed in one's path ignored. She kept appearing in front of him at regular intervals of time as if she had been cursed to torture him like a ghost seeking revenge. She was just fair with long silky hair that reached her hips, her eyes behind glasses had a tinge of kajal  at all times. And she was haughty and bony and plain as a long-pant. She wore long-pants all the time and was more daring than a male-counterpart. But when she smiled, innocence and happiness and blessedness creeped out of her, right to her face, and the onlooker would have a strong desire to do something stupid like going to her and brush his nose against her long, pointed ones, or, something stupid like make the world stop moving and keep staring at her forever. This woman was the last woman that should have caught the fancy of a twenty year old boy who had refined tastes of feminine beauty. Her body was not round or curvaceous. There were ample woman who were round in the cheeks, the chin, the shoulder, the arms, the thighs, the buttocks, the hips and the breasts; the roundness of an apple as if the whole body was made of apples. But the woman the boy loved was supposedly made of plain gourds instead of rosy apples. And she was around ten years elder to her. And what a shame from the boy's part to love such an elder woman who was already married. But precisely for such reasons the boy suppressed all feelings for her and for the most of the time forgot her- the amnesia increasing proportionally with the passage of every second. But sometimes on a night like this his banished feelings returned weeping like a banshee who could not endure loneliness and neglect. It was as if he had been married to her for ages. The boy and the woman. Married during odd moments of formal conversation, in between smiles exchanged, amidst excitement shared. Married to each other with all the vows in the world to never part. I do. I do. Married with all the happiness in the world, with the ardor of youth, the forgetfulness of writers, the daring of courage to break laws and turn rebel. Married with the "yes" of the heart. "I love you. God! I love you like crazy. Look at me. Can you see that i am mad for you?" "Yes, i can see it. I am mad for you too." It was all exchanged through the eyes, silently. Age was no barrier. If the boy was twenty and the woman thirty, their hearts were just a year old, if their hearts were just a year old then their desires were fourteen years old teenagers, burning to lock their bodies in fiery kisses and trembling hands. And not only that: they grew old together too, in between poetries exchanged, in between the novels of Gabriel Garcia Marquez they read, in between helplessness of age-difference. So how was it possible that she would not return to remind the boy of their love during nights like this when the soul has deemed it suitable to open its window? "Come to me", the soul said, "come to me as if we are always together even if we are not together". Henceforth to the twenty year old boy it was only a matter of opening that window of the soul on certain uncertain nights for the woman of her desires to come in. She was his forever. His love had conquered all- reality, imagination, fiction, fact.

© 2012 c k doley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on November 20, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012

Author

c k doley
c k doley

new delhi, sheikh sharai phase-2, India



About
I love writing, reading, being with friends, travelling. I think i was born to be a writer. So, i am living each day of my life honing my story-telling gift. More than anything i love and respect othe.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by c k doley