Rikkachi and Makavity

Rikkachi and Makavity

A Story by c k doley
"

"Feeling lonely..."

"

 Rikkachi had extra fingers on her hands; artistic additions of flesh. They dangled like a bead and swayed to and fro, to and fro... Makavity wanted to touch it, press it every time he saw them.

 ' Why are you called Makavity?', asked Rikkachi.

 'You better ask the writer of this story', replied Makaviy.

 'But i cannot', said Rikkachi, 'he is...just not of our realm'.

  'Yeah, you are right', agreed Makavity.

  'I wish we could talk to him, you know, the writer. I want to know why he created me, why he named me Rikkachi, whether he feels lonely like me, how long will he let me live...there are so many things...'.

 'C'mon Rikkachi, you are not making any sense', Makavity said. 'If i ever get the chance to talk to the writer, which is simply impossible, i would just ask him to give me a last name'.

 'What last name?'

 'Oh, you know, a last name, like Potter'.

 'Potter as in Harry Potter?'.

 'Yes! like Harry Potter, like...Makavity Dandy'.

 'Now what kind of last name is that?'

 'That, Dumbo, is my last name, ain't it nice?'

 'Did you ever want to kiss me?' asked Rikkachi, ignoring his question.

 'Nope...not really'.

 'Why no?'

 'I mean you have a nice name, "Rikkachi", no doubt it reminds the writer of one beautiful woman', said Makavity, 'but for all the matter, i mean, you might be plain and ugly or stupid or beautiful with lean limbs, long breasts like gourds, and an exquisite nose...'.

 'Oh, i am beautiful all right, mister, nothing to doubt about it', said Rikkachi, offended.

 'Ok. Ok'. said Makavity, 'Do me a favour, will you?'

 'Okay. say.'

 'Make the writer stop writing'. 'i am getting pretty bored, and i doubt he has anything sane in his mind for me'.

 'Ok, but i wish i had a little more pages to live. See, i am a full blooming woman...i just wish....'

 'Oh c'mon no one has "an" happy ending'.

 'Ok...ok...'. Now she addresses the writer : Writer, Sir, thank you for the few space in paper. Ok then bye. You should end your story. I mean if you have to. Okkkk...wait. One last thing.' Now she addresses Makaviy: 'Makavity, listen. dandy is a nice last name, and don't worry, we will not die. We are immortal. I don't exactly know what i am saying. I just know it. We won't die...' 'OK done. This is it!'

            FIN

© 2011 c k doley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the personification of the names. And involving the writer in his story was a clever concept. I found the "last name potter", part quite amusing. The hole idea of the writing was very fresh.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on December 26, 2011
Last Updated on December 26, 2011

Author

c k doley
c k doley

new delhi, sheikh sharai phase-2, India



About
I love writing, reading, being with friends, travelling. I think i was born to be a writer. So, i am living each day of my life honing my story-telling gift. More than anything i love and respect othe.. more..

Writing