(Just) Tell me.

(Just) Tell me.

A Poem by C.J.G.
"

Can you please just tell me?

"
Can you please just tell me
If you love me
As much as I love you?

Can you please just tell me
If these tears are worth shedding for you
Every single night

Can you please just tell me
If you will keep this heart in one piece 
Because I'm saving it for you

Can you please just tell me
If these butterflies that infest my body 
are worth keeping around every time I hear you name

Can you please just tell me
If this piece of my soul is the missing piece of yours
Because otherwise it's useless

Can you please just tell me
If you love me
As much as I love you?

© 2010 C.J.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are the questions that I want to ask to him. A good poem. Keep up the good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a nice question. I agree with Coyote Poetry. There is a point to this poem. If the guy is with you for a long, long time then you know he loves you. Same with a girl. I really liked the flow of the poem. And I liked how you repeated the verse at the end. Thanks for sharing. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the flow and the simple style of your poem.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the repetition of the first and last line, because I think thats the question that all relationships center around. Its the question that the person who's heart and soul is all wrapped and tangled up in someone keeps asking over and over again. I like that its all questions. It has a "I want to, but should I?" feel to it. Nice work.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a question asked by so many but even if we're told the answer do we ever really know? What may be love to one person may be something so much more unsubstantial to another.

The strongest feature of this poem is the repetition of the title phrase, "Can you please just tell me" to begin every stanza. Providing the reader with a predictable pattern to cling to as they progress through the poem enforces the theme and in this case self-references the title.

The narrator of this poem has a very romantice and idealistic view of love. We can see this in her use of high imagery for how she feels, "if you will keep this heart in one piece" and "if this piece of my soul is the missing piece of yours" are not terms one might associate with something trivial such as a crush or an affair. The narrator is clearly hopelessly and romantically in love with her muse and is being driven crazy by thoughts that this may be one directional.

I think you've done a very good job of describing the uncertainty behind this thought and at 16 there is a surprising maturity behind this piece.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your question is answered by many years together and always holding tight. Life will toss many lemons at us. We must fight to keep our sanity and grow to a more complete love.. The poem is very good. The emotion of love need to be re-establish daily to keep a heart content. A excellent poem.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 5 people found this review constructive.

This is really good. The flow was a little choppy, but it was still good all the same

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

************************************************************ All Stars ******************************
Music, like the circle of fifths. Nice, it all comes back around in the endless madness... called love. These feelings that are the same, in all of us. The recognition, it is what is attracts the musical ear. To the circle of fifths! Whether writing Music or Poetry. Poetry is Music to the ear if read aloud,
Music to the Spirit, when those elements are there. To move, our emotions.

"Soul Food SJG... ya man, eat it up!" As love... can sometimes do to you. Contained... in the brevety, that you have expressed here. I have a deal
and that is to say, in a round about: **Simply Complex** & this, where you have arrived at here. Really, there is nothing simple about love and the complexity of what it can do to you. Is totally individual and different, for everyone... So ya, I love the simplisity, that you grant us. That feel expressed, in six short three line Stanza's of that Poetic classical-ism...

A Love Poem!

Said simply... I love it! Writing, is the observation of life, what you have arrived at here, tells me that you've aready started living. Don't rush into growing up, your expression of youth. Is precious in it's innocense. The view of your one life lived in the growing, of your love of life... is many fold and where life and love mix and mingle... in complxities. Find this and your writing grows and spreds out, like branches of a tree...

The living ART, that is YOU. That is beautiful and foder, for a life time of poetic drift. Good composition CJG... write, from everyday forward.
And always... with your Heart!
************************************************** Hearts Sing ****** Good work *************
Romon in Review, 10/06/07. 1:27am Vernon BC CANADA. Write On / Right On! Ro...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is the hardest part,to know if the person loves you in return or not..

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not one of my favorites but still a nice write, I like the line "If this piece of my soul is the missing piece of yours." Keep it up! :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010
Tags: love, pain, hurt
Previous Versions

Author

C.J.G.
C.J.G.

NY



About
Just trying to meaning in a meaningless world. more..

Writing
Underbelly Underbelly

A Poem by C.J.G.


Caves cave Caves cave

A Poem by C.J.G.


Lay Lay

A Poem by C.J.G.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda