My Flame

My Flame

A Story by Charlène Boutin
"

This is kind of a free write. It may be boring, or melodramatic, to some. But it is quite personal, and it is honest and straight from me.

"
So many doubt the existence of pure love, true love. Others say it is ridiculous, childish, and cheesy. Quite frankly, I don't care what these people think, because they would know if they had felt it.

Here I am, lying in the arms of forever, the warmth of his heart beating against my face a constant comfort. His fingers stroke through my hair as if it was as soft as velvet; to him, it probably is, just like his eyes are pure golden treasure to me. I turn around to face those eyes, and they look back at me with love and desire so pure that my body goes numb with shivers.

What did I do to deserve his love? How could I ever repay?

At first we both denied it our own ways. Two shy teenagers, close to graduation, who were good friends one way; in their minds they could already imagine the paradise of the other's company. I remembered sharing a classroom with him and him alone, with no teacher but a computer each; the mornings drifted by in haze, and although I wanted nothing more but the tedious online classes to end, I dreaded everything that had to do with his departure.

Graduation passed and the summer came. Our buds flowered under the incandescent sunlight, and somehow the barriers of our shyness caved in. We never dared go too far, but we both read each other's mind as if we had been born as one. My mind became known to him, and the mysteries of his life became known to me.
With Fall came dying things and decay, but also a new beginning in a new place and a new lifestyle. If everything else around us could change, we- the ultimate we, our togetherness and unity- could ignite once and for all. With a sweep of our hearts we came together, just as we had desired for all this time.

After only a few weeks, I felt as if it had always been this way. We had been born like this, tied to one another. Every passing second left without him meant that my soul was rotting a little more, my body aching, my mind warping. There was never any discomfort, never any doubt; Jérémy was mine, and I was all his. With time he learned to navigate the crooked path of my mind like his own home. He became my notebook, my receiver, the place I gave my words to.

Still holding me and stroking my hair, Jérémy closes his eyes in peace. His heart is selfless and loving; his mind is logical and protecting. As long as I live, I can never repay Fate for giving me Jérémy. For as long as my mind burns on, it will glow brightly with his own flame- the flame that consumes me always.

© 2013 Charlène Boutin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You believe, sweet poet.. and keep believing that love transforms all life.. that it is the only truth... that the darkness and pain around us can be made into light and life at its very touch. I have tasted the sweetness of heaven and the fires of hell, and I will fight for love's bright flame on any shore. Deeper.. go deeper.. that's where the water is purest and sweetest and everlasting to everlasting. Sing your song forever, dear Charlene. No, you need never be ashamed. xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought this was a good little story about the start of a relationship. It has a nice narration to it that doesn't bog down the reader in details that aren't needed, but it still gives us enough to see the picture that is being created by your words. I like the flow of the sentance structure. I think its the sharpness of it that really makes it work. Very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Charlène Boutin

11 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read... I'm glad you enjoyed!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
feelings of first love can never be forgetable. however years pass, however other experiences we go through, the first love remains deep inside us specially how it started..the first sight, the first sigh, the first heart beat, the first hand hold, the first touch, the first kiss...all stay being felt as if we have been doing that since we have been born..
i have really enjoyed reading this nice sweet story...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013

Author

Charlène Boutin
Charlène Boutin

Montréal and Val-d'Or, Canada



About
There's more to this world than we see. Artists are gifted with the vision of this world, and can bring forward these visions to others. The world I see goes beyond my eyes, beyond my own life. I hop.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..