She Smiles

She Smiles

A Story by A.Lee
"

This is simply a short independent scene. It has no full story to go with it for now, just this.

"

     She looks up at him, her eyes taking in every part of his body from his feet to his face.  She saves his eyes for last; those beautiful brown eyes that make her melt every time she looks into them.  Looking into his eyes is like looking through a window to his heart.  Every emotion, every thought is made plain to her there.  She wants to close the distance between them.  It’s only a matter of about two feet, but she doesn’t want it there.  She steps forward, smiling, and wraps her arms around his waist.  Their bodies fit together like puzzle pieces.  She tilts her head forward so her chin rests on his chest and she can look at him again.  He looks down at her and takes a breath.  “What?”

     Slightly embarrassed, she quickly buries her face in his chest and shakes her head.  “Nothing.”  You’re so amazing, she wants to say.  How can do you make me feel this way?  How did I fall so hard, so deeply in love with you?

     Face still pressed against him, she inhales and lets the scent of him fill her lungs.  Looking up at him again, she tilts her head trying to figure out what’s going on in his head.  Do you love me? she wonders.  Of course, she knows the answer to that question.  She can feel it.  But she wants to hear it.

     Shrugging, he steps back, breaking their embrace.  “I want to check something,” he says in that strange tone of voice he uses.  She nods and he rushes off to sit at the oversized computer screen.  Once he makes himself comfortable, she sits down on the black leather couch, curls her legs under her, and stares absentmindedly at the computer screen.

     He’s her best friend, you know.  Of course, she’d loves being more than just a friend.  She loves being ‘his girl’.  The one that he points to and says “Yep, that’s her.  See her, right over there?”  Oh, wonderful dreamy bliss.  What if she was to walk in from work one day and he stood up and hugged her the way she just got done holding him?  What if he smiled and said “Hey, baby, I’ve been waiting for you” and then kissed her before they sat down to enjoy the rest of their evening.  That would be sweet.  She laughs to herself as she thinks.  She’s not crazy.  Or maybe she is, but if she is its completely his fault.  He made her fall insanely in love.  Ahh.  She shakes her head, dismissing the daydream, pleasant though it was.  He’s on her mind twenty-four/seven.  Even when she’s concentrating on something else, he’s hiding behind the curtain.  Everything she sees reminds her of him.  She looks at a painting and wonders how they would decorate their house if they lived together.  She glances down at the ponytail holder on her wrist and remembers how he likes her hair down.  Then she laughs as she pictures the expression on his face whenever she suggests letting it get wet.  Funny.  But she has to stop now; it’s making her want him so badly.  Making her heart feel so heavy because it’s overloaded with feelings.  Good feelings. 

     She sighs as a random thought crosses her mind.  She doesn’t want to hurt him.  She hates seeing him upset.  Past events trail through her mind like a film.  He’s yelling back at her because she did something that hurt him.  He’s laying on the couch, exhausted and frustrated because she doesn’t seem to get it.  He’s telling her that he wants to be alone.  She’s not helping him.  She blinks hard, ending the tape.  She doesn’t want to remember.  Those were bad times.  Times when she wasn’t good like she should have been.  But she remembers them so she won’t do it again.  I’m trying, she thinks.  I want to make him happy.  She smiles slightly as she pictures his smile.  She loves it when he’s happy, when he smiles.  She sighs. 

     She looks up as he turns around in his chair.  “Why are you sitting way over there?” he asks.  “Come over here.”  She smiles like a little girl and breathes contentedly.  Rolling off of the couch like a cat, she hops over to him and sits down on the arm of his chair.  He looks at her funny.  Grabbing her arm, he pulls her over onto his lap.  “That’s better,” he says.  She smiles again as she kisses his neck.  “I love you too,” she laughs.  He wraps his arms around her waist, squeezing her to him.  One hand on her leg, the other on the mouse, he leans in so she can feel his breath on her neck.  “I love you,” he says back in sing-song and she smiles.

© 2010 A.Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are outstanding writer. Your gentleness and soft movement of words took me into a life and desire of someone. I like the feel and the emotion of this story. We can swim in paradise and still desire a escape. A outstanding story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great stand alone... wrapped up very well, but there's no sense of finality that makes the characters seem to no longer exist. I love how well you developed them and their relationship in such a short piece. Great descriptions and emotion in this.
Nice write.

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww, this is really nice :) I know exactly the feeling of being 'his girl' :) The feeling is more than just having butterflies in the stomach. I love the line "She saves his eyes for last." It's a wonderful and truthful line. Nicely written.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Yay its about meeeee.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like where you took me with this story. It was so easy for me to become She. I felt the love and dedication she has for him. I know of her passion to please him. Not every She gets to hear those three beautiful word; but I am happy that She did.

This is a powerful stand alone story to me. If you choose to take wrap it into a longer piece, that will be fine to, but it is great just as it is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This leaves me wanting more! You did such a great job writing this, and bringing me into your characters in the story. What girl hasn't been there right? Great story, please consider building on it and giving us more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You are outstanding writer. Your gentleness and soft movement of words took me into a life and desire of someone. I like the feel and the emotion of this story. We can swim in paradise and still desire a escape. A outstanding story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2010
Last Updated on April 4, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Summer (excerpt 2) Summer (excerpt 2)

A Chapter by A.Lee