I Am Mother, Hear Me Roar!

I Am Mother, Hear Me Roar!

A Poem by A.Lee

I can take on angry giants

Though I’m only five foot three

There’s no chance the biggest one

Will ever get past little me

 

I am stronger than your nightmares

Even on the darkest night

I’ll chase them all so far away

They’ll be too scared to try and fight

 

Tiny germs don't stand a chance

I’ll be beside you all the while

I fight them off with songs and stories

Just to see your pretty smile

 

I am well equipped to battle

Every foe, both big and small

My life aside, I stand by you

No matter what may come to call

 

Although I may not look like much

I’m always right outside your door

I guard you with unseemly strength

For I am mother, hear me roar!

© 2014 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
A fun one :) Still needs a little polishing, but though I'd post it anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah, quite a funny and cute tribute to the strength of the matriarch. I know from my own experience that this is a fitting description of what a mother represents: formidable but loveable! My mum could kick down doors and yell with acid - and you knew that you'd pushed things too far when she used a swear word!... But she was always very affectionate and memorable and a good moral example. And I've always thought she'd be a good asset to have the use of in a fight. Reminds me of a line from a song "Mother stands for comfort - Mother, hide the murderer.."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

100 % true. and you stated it with lovely words that rhymed with a perfect flow.
great~ :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


the Scorn of a womans fury. never piss off a momma just like a momma bear at lest thats what i am like lol. Beautiful way to express your love for your children Amazing write

Posted 13 Years Ago


Grizzly moms! Nice sweet write:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


rowrrrrrrrr.....I really liked this, and most mothers are just that. Put them in front of something that wants to harm their kids, and they turn into trained military specialists ready to kick a*s and take names when appropriate. Nice write, I liked it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A mother's love is powerful and beautiful. I like the feel and your emotion in the words. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Has Hollywood cast you as Wonderwoman yet. Just playing. This was a nice little piece and I can tell you did enjoy writing it. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a good start. You have some good sentiment behind this poem and it comes through. There are some things that should be revised though.

"Will ever get past little me" is a fine line, but I think "little ol' me" might be a better fit. I think it goes well with the meter and it fits into the idiom better.

"I am stronger than your nightmares" Again, a fine line, but I think "I'm" would be a better fit.

"’ll chase them all so far away / They’ll be too scared to try and fight!" This may be me, but I don't think it's very clear what this is supposed to mean. Not only that, but with that exclamation mark, the 2 previous stanzas become a huge run-on sentence. This goes with the final line as well.

"I’m by your beside all the while" needs to be changed to "I’m by your side all the while" or "I’m beside you all the while."

Other than that, this is a good start. Keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's right pummel people with you womanly fury!!! So say it loud and say it proud
I am mother hear me roar!!....Meow. You need to keep these type of writings up this shows your true skills has a writer. Remember anyone can write what they feel but has you demonstrated here only true artiest writers can write about anything. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah, quite a funny and cute tribute to the strength of the matriarch. I know from my own experience that this is a fitting description of what a mother represents: formidable but loveable! My mum could kick down doors and yell with acid - and you knew that you'd pushed things too far when she used a swear word!... But she was always very affectionate and memorable and a good moral example. And I've always thought she'd be a good asset to have the use of in a fight. Reminds me of a line from a song "Mother stands for comfort - Mother, hide the murderer.."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol. There is nothing more dangerous than a mother bear protecting her cubs. I like this poem. It's really cute.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 5, 2014

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda