A Mother's Bond

A Mother's Bond

A Story by A.Lee

    She wasn't there when her son was born.  She didn't even meet him until he was six months old, but the moment she saw him, his tiny fingers reached past hers and wrapped themselves tightly around her heart.  For her, there was no doubt about the extend of her love for this little boy no matter how many times other people tried to tell her differently.  They say the bond between mother and child is the strongest thing on the earth.  Is that bond, though, forged by blood?  Or by unconditional, unrestrained love? 
    She never listened when they warned her that having her own children would change her feelings.  That the bond with her self-adopted son would fade as the bond with her blood children grew.  But who are they to speak when they have never felt a love like hers?  She has three children now.  One adopted, two by blood, and all three equal in her eyes.  They all mean the entire world to her and life would be unimaginable without any one of them. 
    Why is it that people shun the things they can't explain?  If they can't fathom this kind of love, they believe it doesn't exist.  It must be impossible.  No, you'll never know it until you've felt it for yourself.  So why judge?  Any mother like her would agree.  The problem is that they are few and far between.  Its the people around her that think she's crazy.  How could she possibly love them all the same?  How could she be the first one to notice the little changes in his eyes, even before his relatives by blood?  No.  How can she possibly have the insight to know whats wrong with him before anyone else?  Can a mother's intuition surpass the link of blood?  "No," they say.  But it has.  Don't deny her her right because you do not understand.  Don't push her away because you are unable to fathom her immense capability to love.  You know nothing.  For you, it may be impossible.  But a mother's bond is forged by strength, love, and spirit.  Never by blood alone.

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
I don't know if you'd really consider this a story. Maybe just an excerpt or a journal entry type thing. Its nothing like what I usually write, so I ask that if you review please don't review it by comparing it to my other work, but look at it on its own.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very deep and thought provoking. It has me thinking...

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow this is great. such an interesting concept, one that is still debated

Posted 13 Years Ago


Parents' bonds to their children are amazing and are limited by blood. The last two sentences are powerful. Once again, Beautiful !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another nice write. The bond between any parent, be it mother and child or father and child, should be sacred, should be eternal. But I am saddened by the fact that I do not not see much of that these days.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like stream of consciousness .. you wrote what you were thinking. I like this type of writing where we get to see inside the poets, writers mind.
Being a mother i fully understand and feel that blood does not necessarily mean a guarantee of a good parent .. love is the key as you say.
I enjoyed this.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its simply beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow you have Truly out Done your self i simply Love this so much Emotion screams out of this Piece i am a mother so i understand this feeling very well i have wanted to adopt but also want more children of my own many of the neiborhood kids love coming over here in hanging out here and we love having em many of them are like family to us i love children so much they are gifts from god weather they are blood Adopted or step or half family blood cause i have a Half older sister and half older brother but i never say that cause they are my family we have the same mother but differnet fathers cause their dad cheated on my mom and was taking drugs so she took them in left, and years later she met my dad he was in the army and i was born i am the baby as in Gods eyes we are all brothers and sisters this is how i see my freidns and family . my favorite lines are this one and this one.


She wasn't there when her son was born. She didn't even meet him until he was six months old, but the moment she saw him, his tiny fingers reached past hers and wrapped themselves tightly around her heart.

But a mother's bond is forged by strength, love, and spirit. Never by blood alone.

this will go into my library in my favorites thank you for sharing this is a very amazing piece Very heartfelt and touching put me into tears Thank you for sharing this with me



Posted 13 Years Ago


"She didn't even meet him until he was six months old, but the moment she saw him, his tiny fingers reached past hers and wrapped themselves tightly around her heart."

The sentence above taken from your story sucked me in. I have a very short attention span so I have to be "grabbed" in the beginning of a piece of writing to get me engaged. This was powerful and well done, and the message is beautiful. I like it a lot. I also sort of hate the "boxes or categories" we are expected to put these in. To me it doesn't matter if it is a journal entry or whatever, it's powerful and that is all that matters.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It seems more a journal entry. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

639 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..