Woman

Woman

A Poem by A.T.B.

 

Looking at you I thought
to myself
there is a mesmerizing magic aura about you. 
I am captivated
by the delving intensity
in your hypnotizing eyes.
It’s sweet!
It’s so sweet! 
The symmetry of your features,
the natural flow of your beauty
defies description.
It’s new.
Oh! So new.
God’s upgraded creation.  
The soothing vibe in your voice
lulls me
cajoles me 
Your lips conjure more sanguinity
than a speck of land in a blue desert. 
In this chaos,
you seem to be a centre of gravity
giving balance and bearing to humanity. 
It is hard these days to come across a woman.
that summons unwavering beauty and altruism.
I wanted to talk to you longer,
get to know you better.
But all that came out was
“sorry”
as I bumped into you
while you’re talking on the phone.
Will I ever see you again?

© 2008 A.T.B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love, love, love this!

God's upgraded creation.

Yes!

Seriously, these are my favourite lines:

In this chaos,
you seem to be a centre of gravity
giving balance and bearing to humanity.

The bittersweet ending was the only one that it could have had. Supreme!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this . . . such beautiful words for a woman who remains a mystery . . . wonderfully written

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, snap! LMAO! Too cute. Love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful praise of woman, your write reflects, longing and mystery. Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This reminds me of things I have recently studied..... the female divinity. The grace of a woman is natural and begins the creation of so much. Not even in just humanity, but all forms of life.

This had a very calm feel to it... a longing sense. You captured a moment that seemed to be moving so slow... then at the end, it's as if the reality came back and time was once again on track.

It is hard these days to come across a woman.
that summons unwavering beauty and altruism.

Society has such control... woman does seem to forget their worth. Then eventually, you come across that woman that still has elegance.

Such an emotion.... Such light.

Bless.

Posted 15 Years Ago


a man starved by a world that makes no sense. i feel like i got more a sense of the writer than the woman. which is really amazing writing really. what he notices. his likes and desires.

"lulls me
cajoles me" - nice consonance there. love that kind of poetry when spoken aloud. gives it a nice beat.

the end was a nice touch.... bumping up against her. the frustrating brevity of contact.

my only suggestion would be to cut out the last line. for me it weakened the impact of the end of the piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Upon reading through this the first time, I was thrown off by: "The symmetry of your features," - I automatically locked my mind's eye on an animal of some sort. This comes natural to me as I am a double entendre junkie. I love creating an illusion just to leave the reader shaking their head at the finish line. (giggles)

Reading further along though, this image quickly vanished and I refocused. It's funny how when taken aback by something or someone - we freeze in motion and along with all those warm, fuzzy feelings, goes another missed opportunity.

~a thought provoking write~

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was a beautiful expression of your sentiment...I wish someone would write something like that for me... I hope you find her again... If it was meant to be you will....


Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awwwe, I loved this poem.. I hope you see her again... this was beautiful!! thanks for sharing..

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love, love, love this!

God's upgraded creation.

Yes!

Seriously, these are my favourite lines:

In this chaos,
you seem to be a centre of gravity
giving balance and bearing to humanity.

The bittersweet ending was the only one that it could have had. Supreme!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

683 Views
9 Reviews
Added on April 22, 2008

Author

A.T.B.
A.T.B.

http://cabalamuse.wordpress.com



About
I am neither fish, fowl, nor good red herring (from ASK THE DUST by John Fante.) I'm the author of writings that are yet to be understood. Soon, the world will catch on. more..

Writing
relationships relationships

A Poem by A.T.B.