In Search of Paradise

In Search of Paradise

A Story by caite17o
"

Is nanna really dead or has she ran away to the circus?

"
In Search of Paradise 

Pops caravan was always a mess with dirty dishes piled here and there, dirt piled so high that to actually walk in the place you needed a pair of gum boots and a dog so full of fleas and creepy crawlies that you couldn't get close to. So that explains why no one ever went there and the poor old coot kicked the bucket on his own. Pop always said he didn't need anyone to be happy. We are pretty sure that pop got used to the idea of being alone after Nanna went.

When Nanna “passed on” there was originally speculation that she was not really dead at all but that she had ran away to join the circus. In fact it kind of made sense because at the funeral Nan didn't even look the same as she did when we had last seen her, not two days before. They pretty much threw the body in a blue rag and expected our family not to be suspicious.

The first thing mum was suspicious of was that Nanna wasn't wearing her favorite sunflower dress that she had always said she would get buried in. Dad was confused and suspicious of where Nanna's wedding ring was, as it was put in the will that she would where it on a gold chain until she was put into the ground and then mum would receive it from there, but the ring was never to be seen again, not by anyone. The suspicions of my other family members were that her facial features were majorly changed, Nanna had this awesome looking nose that had never been broken or fixed up, but the lady we saw in the coffin had the nose of Michael Jackson, it looked absolutely freaking horrible. Plus where the heck was Nanna's bookmark, I’ll tell you where the clown riding a unicycle was, he was nowhere Nan always had that bloody book mark with her every where she went.

Nanna got the bookmark from pop on their second wedding anniversary, they had gone to the circus and pop had bought it for a five dollar note. He had given it to her when the clown was doing tricks and spraying people with water. When we asked Nan what made it so special all she had said was that the sparks she felt between pop and her right at that moment were amazing. That’s why Nanna had fallen in love with it and she knew even if she was not with pop she’d still be as close as ever. Every anniversary they would go to the circus pop didn't even care where it was being held. He would travel as far as the circus would take them trying to make Nanna's special night as special as could be.

Mum and dad were searching for answers when I spotted something on a flyer for the upcoming circus. I pretty much screamed at dad to get his butt to me and look at the flyer. When dad looked he didn't see it but when I showed him the flyer under a magnifying glass there she was porcelain skin, striking hair of lightening, greenish eyes and that freaking clown on a unicycle bookmark. We finally had a clue of where we might find her. By this point we were not going to stop looking because the family was convinced that the body in Nanna's grave was not in fact her and by the looks of things we were right all along. But what if we find her and she’s too in love with her new activities?

© 2014 caite17o


Author's Note

caite17o
please ignore slight spelling errors as i have dyslexia and trying to spell is already to hard as its is. Thank you in advance!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014
Tags: Pops caravan, caravan, pops, gum boots, creepy crawlies, happy, anyone, poor, old, went, alone, mess, passed on, speculation, originally, dead, ran away, funeral, threw, body, blue rag, expected, family, circus, sunflower

Author

caite17o
caite17o

harvey, wa, Australia



About
Im a 17 year old female writer with a keen interest with sharing my writing to everyone and their mother. i enjoy doing collabs and love writing short fictional pieces . more..