[untitled]

[untitled]

A by Caleb Benton

Everyday I read the morning news and I find myself feeling a little more down about out future. I turn on the television and walk away a half-hour later with a heavy heart. Constantly I hear about what is going wrong in the world, about who is fighting who and how many have died. Muslims killing in the name of Allah and Christians killing in the name of freedom. The entire frame of human existence is filled with men killing one another in the name of this or for the sake of that, but you never really hear about those people that stand in the middle, like myself. We are not radicals, we do not scream in the streets. We don't hijack airplanes or hold peace rallies. Most of us have never been part of a boycott or a picket line. We are moderates. Thats who we are and how we approach life; moderately.

Before I go any further, I must say, this essay was not written to prove any points. It was not written to offend, nor to ridicule. I am simply telling you all my view of things.

I have always considered myself a Christian, and for lack of a better word, I still call myself Christian. I believe that God came to the earth in human form(Jesus Christ) and lived a perfect, flawless life. I also believe that Christ was unjustly crucified and took sin upon himself to save the lives of men. That is my belief, and it will not change.

Now for the things I do not believe. I do not believe that everyone who isn't a Christian goes to hell. Christianity itself states that God is both infinately loving and forgiving. Who then am I, a man who has sinned multiple times, to condemn everyone in the world who does not believe like me? Is it not possible that God, in His infinite wisdom, understands that all men are different, and physically speaking, no one man can relate to everyone who has lived or who will live? Now, I know that alot of you are thinking that God can do anything, and I agree with you, but would He? Genesis states that God created the Earth and everything in it just for man. If the Earth is was created for us, would God interfere in it? I don't think so. Thats the whole point of His gift. Everything physical is ours, and everything spiritual is his.


So back to the one man relating to all the world. Physically impossible, yet spiritually, anything can be done. So who are we to say that God didn't send his spirit to Christ to save part of the world, and to Muhammad, to save another. Is it not possible that God sends His Spirit to disciplined Buddhist and extemely faithful Muslims? Could it be that He sends His Spirit to all who seek it, be it through faith(Christianity), enlightenment(Buddhism), love(Islam), or whatever else you can come up with.

Every single human walking this earth was created by God. I don't care what the Bible, the Qur'an, or any other text that was, in fact, written by man, says, God loves us all equally, and just because someone was born into Islam does not mean they are going to Hell. We are all brothers and sisters created by the same God.

© 2009 Caleb Benton


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

This might have been interesting if you cut it down to the bare bones, but as it is it only reads as the rambling of a nobody with an obvious personal agenda.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 13, 2009