Where to go?

Where to go?

A Chapter by Caleb J Tyler
"

In this chapter you will meet our two main characters: Caleb, who the story follows, and Rivers, his life long friend. They must work together to survive.

"
“Why are my ears ringing?  What’s going on? Why is no one answering me?”  I look around and everyone seems frantic, they are all running but I can’t seem to make out who they are, everything is a little fuzzy.  “Why can’t I see?”  Once again no one replies to the question.  My vision is starting to come to me; out of all the chaos I seem to only recognize one person. It’s Rivers!

“Rivers!!!  What’s going on?” I mutter.

“What are you talking about, get your head on straight before you lose it!” Rivers says.

I seem to be in the middle of some sort of combat.  I don’t know how I got here or why we are being shot at, but I do know Rivers and I got to start thinking fast before I don’t get the chance to figure the rest out.

“There are about thirty-five of them coming in from the north and another twenty from the west.”  Shouts Rivers.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“What the hell do you think?  Shoot back and help me find a way out of this mess.”

I quickly scramble to my feet and try to stay low.  I look around and it seems as though we are on some form of Tropical Island such as Hawaii but smaller.  All I see are trees and rocks, nether make for a good plan right now.  “You got a plan yet Rivers?”

“Why would you even ask that…. What is wrong with you man?!  Ok!  You take the left flank and ill draw their fire.”  

Well, that’s as good a plan as any right now.  I dash for a large stone 30 yards from Rivers; no one sees me or knows I’m here.  Maybe they think they got me or something.  Silly grunts, I suddenly feel overwhelmed with confidence.

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!” I yell as I begin to turn round the stone and open fire on the lot of scum that sought to destroy my friend and me.  One by one they go down, they do put up a fight but in the instant Rivers flanks them from his position and again they are riddled with deadly projectile.  They are slimmed to but a handful and begin to fall back like a wounded animal.  We have survived.

“Well nice of you to pull some weight there guy.”  Announces Rivers.

“What are you talking about?  I don’t know what is going on, and you want me to do something.”

“Are you alright man?  We just ripped them a new one and your acting like a panzy.”

“NO! I’m not alright.  I have no clue as to what is going on or why we were being shot at!  So if you would be so kind as to explain what is going on, then I can tell you what else is wrong with me…”

Rivers gets quiet; he looks as though I am a stranger to him.  What could be going through his head, and why cant I remember how I got here?  For a moment we catch our breath and take a break from all of the madness.  Rivers seems almost unfazed by the massacre, while I on the other hand am terrified.

“Reload and make sure your ammo supply stays good.  If you need an extra mag just let me know alright.” Says Rivers.

“Stop avoiding the question!  What happened back there and why cant I remember it?”

“It was a Frag.” Rivers yells.

“A frag? What do you mean a frag?”

“One of the hostiles threw a frag over and it detonated three feet away from me, the only reason I didn't get hurt was because you pushed me out of the way.  You saved my life and when you did the explosion sent you fifteen feet into that boulder!”

I can see Rivers start to tear up as he relives this event in his mind.  Oh if only I could remember what he was talking about then maybe I could understand.

“I thought you were dead!”  Roars Rivers.

“It’s ok!  I’m ok!  Everything is going to be fine.”

“You don’t understand!”  Yells Rivers.  “I was going to leave you!  And you weren't even dead.  There is no telling what they would have done to you if you hadn't come to when you did.”

“ ok so why are we”

“Be quiet.” Rivers interrupts.  “This fight isn't over yet.”


© 2012 Caleb J Tyler


Author's Note

Caleb J Tyler
I hope you like this, and I apologize that it is so short but this is not going to be a long 500 page book, just a nice little novel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


The story got my interest straight away,looking forward to more

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really enjoyed it!! Can't wait for the rest!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012
Tags: survival, war, battle, friendship, team work, life, guns


Author

Caleb J Tyler
Caleb J Tyler

montgomery, LA



About
My name as you know is Caleb Tyler, I am married to a wonderful young woman, Chasity, and we have two amazing little boys, Jordan and Aiden. We live in Central Louisiana and have no complaints. We t.. more..

Writing