Into another life

Into another life

A Story by CalebSchadeck
"

In a futuristic Earth a man must live out the life a suspect believed to have killed 6 people in cold blood.

"
Prologue

I close my eyes as the liquid slowly enters my blood stream making goose bumps rise on my arm, the office is already so cold that I start to shiver.  My eyes flip to the nurse who doesn’t seem to notice that I am cold, she just sits in her hot pick office chair, and witch indeed seems oddly out of place for this dull doctor’s office. I then realize that this office, this dull office with the unconcerned nurse sitting in the hot pink chair will be the last of my own memories for thirty three years.  The liquid travels up my blood into my heart, and brain my bold cells absorbing it like sugar. My eyes close, my last memory is of someone holding my hand as I slip into the vial man’s head. 

***

When I awaken I am back in the boring office, the white walls and the hot pink chair, the nurse looks at me; there is a sense of fear in her eyes. I struggle to remember why I fell asleep here. Thirty seconds go by, then a minute as I try to remember, I glace at my arm where it feels painful, and there is a drop of blood on it. I remember the needle the pain of the liquid going into my blood, I am Calvin Rammmer, and I am one of the first people to ever live out the life of someone else.   A man walks in the room; tall, heavy-set wearing a large pair of sunglasses, he looks at me then takes off his sun glasses.

                “How do you feel?”

                My god do I remember how to talk? It’s been so long I open my mouth to attempt it “I"eee I feel good.” Ok so I can talk barely.

                “Good, now let’s get to this, you have been one of the first people to live out the life of another person, we choose you specifically for this because of your strong mind.”

                “I I’m going sick.” I shiver violently and whatever I had before I went under comes up all over the hot-pink chair.

                The man looks at me then says “Lets continue this some other time.”

                I look up at the tall man as he’s putting on his sun glasses “He"he’s innocent” I hurl again this time on the white tiled floor, I can feel myself slipping off, back into the guys life I feel the pain he felt when he got his first F and I feel the chain hit me as his Dad beats him. I let the blackness take me in. in my last breath of air I manage to gasp out “Innocent.”

© 2011 CalebSchadeck


Author's Note

CalebSchadeck
yet another beginning tell me what you think :) The description for it is an idea I might go with it could change though so please only review the paragraph :) Also I welcome spelling and grammatical corrections just bare in mind that there will probably be a lot :p
Thanks for reviewing!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting beginning. although, as a reader, i feel very lost as to what is actually happening, yet i still want to know more. i liked the suspense from beginning to end. i would really like to see where this is headed, so keep going :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 3, 2011
Last Updated on December 3, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck