The Two Princesses

The Two Princesses

A Story by Katrinka Johnson

            Two Princesses sat on top of the wall watching as two Knights trained with each other. The first Princess had long dark chocolate hair and diamond blue eyes. She wore a crimson red dress with gold lace. The second Princess had long golden hair and emerald green eyes. She wore a sky blue dress with white pearls around it. In the valley the two Knights stood. The first Knight had short black hair and sapphire blue eyes. He wore shinning gold plated armor with sapphires embedded into his armor. The second Knight had short muddy-brown hair and amethyst eyes. He wore silver plated armor with amethysts embed into his armor. The two Princesses sat and watched until the end of their training.

            “Katherine! Cassandra! Get down here now!” A tall, slender woman with golden hair and diamond blue eyes yelled.

            Quickly the two jumped down from the wall and ran over to their mother.
            “Where have you two been?” The Queen Demanded.
            “We were watching the Knight Commanders Nealion and Raoul train in the valley.” The first one said.
            “Katherine, don’t you lie to me.” The Queen said.
            “But, mother she wasn’t.” Cassandra said.
            “That’s enough! We’ve matters to attend to!” The Queen said as she walked down to the stables.
            Katherine and Cassandra slowly followed her, both hanging their heads low. Three horses with fiery coats and snow-white manes and tails stood patiently waiting for them. The Queen mounted first and gently held the reins in her hand. Katherine and Cassandra did the same and waited. Their mother looked them over before moving her mount into an easy trot.
            Already knowing where they were headed, Katherine looked to her sister and said. “I bet I can beat you!”
            Katherine didn’t wait for an answer before she galloped on past her mother through the village, Cassandra following behind.
            “Stop it both of you!” The Queen yelled.
            “Come on I know a way we can get out of here!” Cassandra said as she quickly turned her horse to the left.
            Katherine followed and soon the two were gone out of their mother’s sight. After twenty minutes of riding, they stopped their horses and looked around. Everywhere they looked was trees.
            “Cassandra, I’m scared.” Katherine said.
            “I’ve never been this far out before,” Cassandra said. “I think we’re lost.”
            As night fell upon the kingdom, the King and Queen started to worry.
            “Bring in Knight Commander Nealion and Knight Commander Raoul.” The King said.
            “Yes, your majesty.” The servant said bowing to the king.
            Within a few minutes the two Knight Commanders were walking into the throne room.
            The King looked from Nealion to Raoul and said. “I thank you for coming.”
            “What do you need us for my Lord?” Nealion asked as he ran his fingers through his black hair.
            “I need you to go and find our daughters; they’ve run off and haven’t returned.” The King said.
            “We accept.” Raoul said bowing.         
            “We shall bring your daughters home.” Nealion said as he straightened his back.
            The two Knights then turned and left the throne room; the doors slamming shut behind them.
            Neat the edge of the woods Katherine and Cassandra found a large dark cave. The horses refused to in and the second they were off, the horses ran away. Katherine and Cassandra ignored the horse’s warning and entered the cave looking carefully around. In the center of the cave lay thousands of jewels of all kinds. Slowly the two walked up to the pile as the dragon walked into his cave. Quickly Katherine and Cassandra turned around to face the dragon.
            “Normally I kill those who enter my cave, but those eyes.” The dragon said walking closer to them. “Those eyes are so beautiful they look like freshly polished jewels.”
            “Um…thank you?” Katherine said looking at the dragon with confusion.
            “I’m keeping you here as my rare, beautiful, treasures.” The dragon said as he lay in front of the cave door.
            Katherine and Cassandra huddled up in the back of the cave and slowly fell asleep. The next morning the Princesses woke up to the sound hooves thudding and armor clanging together outside. Running to the entrance the two saw Nealion and Raoul tying their warhorses to the trees. Katherine walked out of the cave entrance with Cassandra following.
            “How did you find us?” Cassandra asked.
            “Followed the hoof prints here.” Raoul said.
            “You’re not safe here.” Katherine said.
            “Why not?” Nealion asked as the dragon landed in front of them.
            The dragon arched his neck and opened his mouth, shooting flames at them.
            “Stand back,” Raoul and Nealion said, pulling their swords from their sheaths and bringing up their shields.
            Slowly the walked forward both walking onto opposite side of the dragon. Quickly they thrust their swords deep into the dragon’s chest, piercing his heart. Pulling their swords free, they wiped them with a cloth, before putting them back into their sheathes. Katherine ran over to Nealion and gave him a kiss on the lips, and Cassandra killed Raoul on the lips. Walking to their horses, they didn’t notice when the dragon’s body sank. The Knights untied their warhorses and mounted first before pulling the Princesses up into the saddle behind them. With a slight flick of the reins they started heading home. At the Kingdom the King and Queen sat, hoping everything was going to be alright. The sound of the doors opening caused them to look up, in walked Katherine, escorted by Nealion and Cassandra escorted by Raoul. The King and Queen stood up and each hugged their daughters.
            “As a reward for keeping your word, Nealion, we’d be honored if you married Katherine and Raoul, we’d be honored if you married Cassandra.” The King said.
            The next day, a big wedding was held and everyone is the village was invited.

© 2009 Katrinka Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
Added on November 20, 2009

Author

Katrinka Johnson
Katrinka Johnson

Pecatonica, IL



About
I love reading and writing, it's something I really enjoy doing in my spare time. I also love my wonderfull Fiance he's helped to change my life in so many ways. Without him my life would never have c.. more..

Writing