Rapture -- Prelude Part 1 of 3

Rapture -- Prelude Part 1 of 3

A Chapter by Chronos
"

I know its been awhile since i last posted this is the short intro i came up with for a short story

"

Prelude



May 7th 2018

Many believed it to be impossible; “Who honestly could think something like that has even a one to infinity chance of happening?” this was the idea of the “reasonable” people who were oblivious to the world around them. The few who were labeled “crazy”, “insane”, “paranoid” made up the general population after what we call “The Rapture”.

December 15th 2012

T.V-

“And we’re back, on December 1st, with Dr. Frank N. Stein.” The news anchor says with glee. “Now Doctor you say that you have found a cure for Ebola that has a recovery rate of near 100%.”

“Yes, I have.” Frank says.

“Well, for those who are curious, how did you do it?” The anchor asks.

“You see, I went to the Amazon two years ago on a trip with ten other doctors to search for a plant that was said to stop bleeding on both the outside as well as inside the body.”

“Interesting, did you find this plant?” The anchor inquired.

“Yes, we did. After one and a half years of research we synthesized a cure that has a failure rate of close to 0%.” Frank continued.

“There must be some side effect to this doctor, right?” The anchor pressed on.

“Not in humans. During the animal testing many seemed to undergo a severe form of dementia. They would hide, away from the others, in the corner of the cage and would lash out at any animal unfortunate enough to be close by; but there have been no cases of side effects of that nature in the human tests only some congestion and a slight upset stomach.” Frank said.

“That’s a relief. So when will this be available worldwide?” The anchor asked.

“It already is, most of our test cases were overseas.” Frank said with confidence.

“You heard it here first, there is now an official cure of the Ebola virus.” The anchor said.

Frank turned to walk away from the store window when he heard a shout.

“Hey!” The voice yelled. “Wait. I have to ask you something.”

Frank turned to face the voice, “Yes, what is it?” was what he wanted to say all he could get out was “Yes, what i…” he was awestruck to see one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen.

“You’re the famous doctor right, Dr.Stein is it?” she asked with her angelic voice.

“uhh..” Frank couldn’t speak.

“I must have caught you at a bad time, here’s my number when you get a chance call me I’d like to talk to you.” She hurriedly wrote her number on a piece of paper and handed it to Frank. “Bye, don’t forget.” She said walking away.



© 2011 Chronos


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BLR
I'm interested.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

632 Views
1 Review
Added on April 27, 2011
Last Updated on April 30, 2011
Tags: Rapture
Previous Versions


Author

Chronos
Chronos

Slidell, LA



About
There's not much to know. I'm a 10th grade student more..

Writing
Rapture Rapture

A Book by Chronos


a3 a3

A Story by Chronos