Welcome to Oblivion, Icarus.

Welcome to Oblivion, Icarus.

A Poem by Candylove.
"

Bad beak ups will do this to you.

"

"And if the truth sets you free, why are you not soaring? Why am I not flying into the night sky, to the nighttime of dreams and wax?"


I want to sway free; gently like the autumn leaves. Nothing to hold onto to but the tides of the earth. My body is stagnant, because my heart is too heavy to move. A wasted mind has taken its time to elude the seas of lies. Lies. Lies; in which I have become accustomed to. My chest is a foreign wall. A burden of mankind's epic fall into the wreckage of selfishness. There are no souls where I go. There is no connection, no resurrection. I am hurt. Wounded like wings made of wax, while everything contributes as the flames. I need divinity and grace; or at least the strength of integrity, because I have got nothing. 


 I have given everything there is to give. I've lost me, entirely. There is no going back. There is no rewind button. 

© 2010 Candylove.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lies,lies, and whom must have been the inspiration, there is more then wording in this. It is direction, that my interest waits and begs,



Loved this knowing the best writing is from experience.



M-

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awesome. Great poem here, it really is a testament to self reflection, which is a state I am in so much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was well written, really well written. The piece flowed so easily.
I loved the line below
"I need divinity and grace; or at least the strength of integrity, because I have got nothing".

There is something so powerful about the word divinity. It's such a bold statement and I loved how you used it here.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely written... It's like reading a full epic in very short writing...

I agree with the last lines about giving everything, because when there's nothing left to give, there's no getting them back, only to move forward to gain...

Other than that, I've enjoyed reading it and it's seriously great tho...



Posted 13 Years Ago


The writing is fabulous, but the form is torturous. You should create line breaks to add more emphasis and meaning to the words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


My favorite. It makes me want to cry ;) great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


One poem but so many things to describe...
hurm...
genius!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


There's so much here I had to read it several times. Every line seems to have it's own meaning; there's just no empty fluff here.
"A burden of mankind's epic fall into the wreckage of selfishness." *is* epic.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 31, 2010

Author

Candylove.
Candylove.

the 661, CA



About
Hello, I'm Candy. Welcome to my world. :) more..

Writing
Eros. Eros.

A Poem by Candylove.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bigot Bigot

A Poem by Muse


Harvard. Harvard.

A Poem by Candylove.


Nin_Amour Nin_Amour

A Poem by Pax Analog