The Cry of the Forgotten

The Cry of the Forgotten

A Story by Jason Knight
"

The silent cries of a being that will never be heard by your ears.

"

He doesn’t cry, for it is an empty room, and the echoes of his own torture catch no ear but his own. He knows, hell does he know, not to run, for he will never get too far. His attempts at escape are half-hearted, for he has no hope of ever escaping. He has no emotion, for he has never seen any to elaborate upon. He sees the life he’s made and it is nothing compared to what he has not done. Though his sorrow is great, he wishes not for others to face the same fate. He implies them to smile, oh yes he desires your smile, for another smile, will satisfy the emptiness he feels at lacking one. He has no sense of reality that can compare to yours, for he has seen through the shell of existence. He’s a silent sleeper, for his nightmares have exhausted his ability to scream. He is a wise fool; he knows that, for if he was not, he would not be in this cage. He is his own puppet, for he animates himself for the sake of appearance. He is a perfect actor, for he cannot bear you to see right through him. His lips are made of sweet venom, for his words have grown to be soft and sharp. He cannot get anything right, that’s what they say, and he takes it for a fact and because of this, he needs you to believe you can indeed satisfy for the lack of his abilities. He believes in no one, for having no hope, is better than a false promise that is soon to be broken. He bleeds constantly, yet he is not yet used to the feeling of the others simmering salt on the bruises. He knows how to express every single strand of feeling, but he knows not what use it is to him.

His birth was a matter of coincidence, accident almost, for in fact he came into this world dead to begin with. He had never such virtues that he could recognize as his own, though the others insisted upon the presence of them everywhere. His intelligence was cut by his wisdom, which in turn was cut by his foolishness. He never had a place he could call his home, and he doesn’t expect any place like such at all. He doesn’t want your pity, in fact, he hates your pity. He is selfish, yet selfless, but he knows one of them must take over the other. He is always, but never sure of his step. He is a living contradiction, for everything he is, is everything he is not. He does not see himself particularly attractive, though his mirror has the audacity to disagree. He has memories that never happened, for they were too unreal to happen, they just cannot be. He is weak, and yet so strong, but he cares not, for either way, he attempts nothing at all. He doesn’t cry in this empty room, for the echo of his torture are all that bounce off these walls.

© 2010 Jason Knight


Author's Note

Jason Knight

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Woahh. That was super intense! In a way, this was really poetic, and I liked how you used really strong imagery to emphasise that side of the story. I really enjoy reading stories that are character driven, and yours was no exception. I actually found that I could relate to so many different aspects of your character's personality, and I think that that would be the same for many other readers. Intriguing and captivating! Great work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Woahh. That was super intense! In a way, this was really poetic, and I liked how you used really strong imagery to emphasise that side of the story. I really enjoy reading stories that are character driven, and yours was no exception. I actually found that I could relate to so many different aspects of your character's personality, and I think that that would be the same for many other readers. Intriguing and captivating! Great work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great story. No offense, but the style reminds me of Velvet Underground. It was a nice lesson of self reflection.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very strong worded and powerful. I cannot stop listening to the beautiful piano song. Very sad story. I really enjoyed reading this, but yet I felt extreme sorrow and pity for the man in this story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The story was very strong and the words very powerful. You create a vision of someone lock away and is not coming out. There many statements I like in the story. The character is very interesting. Last lines made the story complete." for the echo of his torture all that bounce off the wall." A outstanding story."
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010

Author

Jason Knight
Jason Knight

Shippensburg, PA



About
I am art. I am alive. I am everything you dream of. I am part of all your nightmares. I am love, and I am hate. I choose life over death. I am you, I am me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy