Journal Entry: Day 6: Born to love you. June 14, 2010

Journal Entry: Day 6: Born to love you. June 14, 2010

A Chapter by Jason Knight
"

I shall not die without it...

"

Song: Your Call �" Secondhand Serenade

Mood: Thoughtful

 

I never had a fancy for the term “destiny,” though its concept seems to dip in parts of the pool of a more accepted concept of fate in my existence. I can trust to say that all things happen for a given reason, but I ill certainly not believe that things were destined to crumble from the very start. If the world danced in the stiff face of destiny, there would be no absolute reason as to accept hope. Must I wear a mask of ignorance at the difficulty of changing the impossible? Must my lips remain dry and cold at the lack of the fret of your lips against mine? Watch my bones scowl and spit at the feet of destiny as it recites its predetermined verse: “Born you were to love her, but flee now from love, lest you die hating her.”

A plan to bring you back home took rise in my conscious blind sight. I still believe in all your promises, for a single word from you can out weight every other in a world’s dictionary. “I promise you, I will bring you home, I will bring you home!” I am not one to break rules, but my soul always has the craving to bend them in the direction of the dead wind. I know better than to tell you of my plans, for I know you can strike me to the ground with your rejection to my deliberate desires. But into the night we shall escape and like foxes, the pearl white moon shall be our veil and disguise. Fool I was for rejecting at first, the thought of possessing what was by all right, mines and yours to claim. This song calms me softly, though not with sweet lullaby of the melody you made to cherish me to sleep: “I was born to tell you I love you,” and into the night we shall escape and like foxes, the pearl white moon shall be our own veil and disguise.



© 2010 Jason Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the ending, and the way you write, the words you use, the imagery and the feel, its just great. Another amazing chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like the ending. To be able to sneak away with no rules and be free. That would be a the good life. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010


Author

Jason Knight
Jason Knight

Shippensburg, PA



About
I am art. I am alive. I am everything you dream of. I am part of all your nightmares. I am love, and I am hate. I choose life over death. I am you, I am me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Death Death

A Poem by HorrorMaster