Chapter 1 - Disoriented Regeneration

Chapter 1 - Disoriented Regeneration

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper
"

Sam finds himself on an abandoned hospital ward , in complete silence. He is tired and weak and confused and tries to piece together the world around him.

"
Sam lay still, a head splitting ringing echoing around his ears. He flexed his toes and fingers and found them very stiff and difficult to move like they had lay very still for an abnormal amount of time. Attempting to stretch but found his arms to heavy to elevate and a sense of panic swung over him. His eyes sprung open and he glanced around the room.

Sam could make out the blurry outlines of windows and a bluish color around the walls but nothing solid or useful. Nothing that removed the sense of dis-orientation from his being, or gave him the faintest idea of where he was.
His eyes felt drained of all moisture, rough and harsh beneath the eyelids. Slowly and with great effort he moved his hands to his now closed eyes and rubbed with all the power he could muster.

His mind flooded with panicked thoughts. "What had happend?, Where was he?, Why was everything so quiet?" He could not comprehend anything and his brain seemed much slower to respond than usual. His muscles ached with every attempted movement like the simple mechanisms within himself he had taken for granted all his life had suddenly ceased to function like un-oiled door hinges.
Sam tried to call out , but found himself chocking. His throat was dry. Bone dry. As dry as as the desert during a drought. Sam lay back in exhaustion, his energy drained by hardly any movement at all.

He lay very still for a long while, just thinking. Piecing together scattered memories and images that seemed broken and fragmented within his head. Vital bits of information that he previously thought he had known seeming erased from there designated locations.

His Name was Sam, he was in his 20's of what specific age he couldn't seem to remember. He had a dog called Buster that had been with him throughout his late teens. Buster, for some reason Buster seemed very important to him, like the very thought of his four legged friend was a reminder of something he really should be doing.

Sam carefully rolled onto his side and closed his eyes. He felt terrible, both emotionally and physically, there was no more energy left in him for these brain puzzles that he seemed presented with. All he could do was sleep and hope when he next opened his eyes things would make alot more sense.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting!
This story really caught my attention.
It was descriptive and imaginative. You had a strong narrative voice, and I could almost feel what Sam was feeling.
Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
its really intriguing so far, Sam and Buster, what is to be install in this two buddies. keep going. Its really good, a lot of open doors.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper