Chapter 2 - Jigsaw Pieces

Chapter 2 - Jigsaw Pieces

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper

A strange noise in the distance awoke Sam from his troubled dreams. The kind of noise he'd only ever heard in horror movies that were shown after the watershed. What it was making that noise would be equally as unpleasant as the negatives of the situation he had already found himself in.

His muscles ached as he gently levered himself into an upright position, resting his back against what he could only gather to be the head of a bed. The effort of movement had sent a piercing pulse of agony surging down his spine causing him to wince and forcing him to lay back for longer than he had intended. A loud scrapping noise echoed throughout the walls.

"Hello?... Is anyone there? .. What's going on?" Sam called out his voice frail and weak.
He blinked in panic, his sight was still quite fuzzy, and the world continued to sway a little. He examined his surroundings  in shock as his location slowly became clearer to him. He could make out hospital beds and iv drips littered around the room, a fern on the window sill. Why was he in a hospital? He searched his head aimlessly for some explanation but found himself drawing up complete blanks at every approach.
By instinct he patted his sides for his phone, but found that his usual outfit of jeans and a t-shirt had been replaced by a dainty little hospital gown that allowed far to much air around the testicles and contained none of his everyday life lines.

Sam cursed as aggressively as he could manage under his breath and griminaced. He felt sick , his head was still beating out a very painful form of the mamba , while his limbs still felt as if they belonged to a foreign body. This was not a good day. And as always seems to happen when we feel we are at our lowest it was going to get much much worse.

A young girl suddenly dashed past Sam's line of sight, and began searching through various cabinets that littered the room. She was muttering to herself about some sort of medical product that he assumed she was searching for. 

"Excu...." Sam had barely uttered the first word of his sentence, when the girl dived across the room and hid underneath a deserted bed. 
He blinked a few times, unsure of what he had done wrong.

"Sorry.. I.. I didn't mean to startle you miss."
"What the hell are you doing in here?" came a sharp reply 

Sam went to answer, but realized he didn't really know why he was there. And no answer he could give would be suitable to either this woman or himself. He sighed.
"I don't know. How about you, i don't think its normal behavior to run in a hospital. Dont people normally get told off for that?"

The woman came out from behind her shelter, she was tall probably in her early twenties, frizzy wild orange hair like a majestic lion. She stared at him , piercing intently with sparkling emerald eyes. She raised her eyebrow slightly.

"Tell me off?... I don't think anyone care's anymore."
She strolled over to Sam, all sense of fear seemed as if it had been removed from her body.

"How long have you been here?" She said curiously, inspecting him as she spoke.
Sam blinked, he had no idea. He wasn't even sure what unfortunate accident had brought him here. He pulled himself to his feet wincing and extended his right hand with great difficulty.

"My name is Sam... Sam..er... Just Sam. And i have no idea when i got here or why im here so im afraid i cannot help you with any of your query s."
"Ruby" She said , choosing to ignore his outstretched hand, and instead turned her attention to the flip chart on the end of his bed. "Sam Baxter. You were in a coma , and by the looks of this never woke up"

Sam stared at her , his mouth hanging open slightly. Despite being in a hospital with no explanation for why he was there, this thought seemed alot to take in. He suddenly felt very woozy and weak. 

"A coma. Ive been in a coma" he stammered
Sam's body suddenly felt all warm and tingly , sweat began to trickle from his pores. His breath quickened and came out in exasperated puffs.
"You alright there?" Ruby said as her hand fell on his shoulder.
Sam turned his head to face her, and the world spun with it. A strange and terrifying sensation flooded throughout his limbs. Flailing his arms in front of him into what felt like an endless abyss, his vision slowly faded away from him.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on July 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper