Chapter 2 - A gift from the wheat

Chapter 2 - A gift from the wheat

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper

The farmer entered his small abode with a bundle wrapped up in his arms. 
"Eliza, Do we still have any of billy's old clothes around" He asked the rather plump woman in the kitchen.

She turned rather startled. "Yes, I suppose so... whatever would you need those for?"
With that the farmer dashed up the stairs still clutching the bundle in his arms, leaving his wife to stare after him. The child stirred slightly, reaching out with his hands and wiggling around.
The farmer lay him down on the bed, placing his head gently on the large red pillows that decorated the headboard. What a strange occurance, he thought to himself. It was the last thing he had expected while wondering through the fields. I mean it wasn't everyday a small child would appear amongst the wheat.

"Eliza, look what i found in the fields" He called 
"Fergus is this another rock or something?" Came the reply
"No .. No its nothing like that.. Eliza I mean it this time you have to come look at this"
A sigh was heard from downstairs, as Eliza took off her apron and made her way to come look at what all the fuss was about.
"Well what is it then?" she said as she strolled to the door way of there bedroom.
No sooner had the words left her mouth when she saw what  Fergus was ranting about. There on the bed lay a small naked child with dark black hair, sniffling slightly in its sleep.

"Fergus..... why is there a baby.." She trailed off
"I know that's exactly what i was thinking, were on earth did it come from?" Fergus responded. He turned to look at his wife his eyes lit up with excitement.
She just started at him, gobsmacked by utter confusion.
"I just found him, in the fields... and i could hardly leave him out there, there's a strong cold wind coming in tonight poor tyke wouldn't last an hour"

A sharp wail came from the child, his sleep disturbed by the couples discussion. They both turned back to him, watching him for a while flailing his limbs about. 
"Ill get him some food, not that we have anything baby suitable but he has to eat something" 
With that she bobbed off back down the stairs to potter around in the kitchen. Leaving Fergus to calm the clearly distressed infant.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm intrigued. It's a little rushed and could use some touching up but as a first draft to a book (I'm assuming) it's good. I'd love to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

Indeed it is a first draft, thank you very much for your interest.
There is chapter 1 that ive.. read more
CLUTZ

11 Years Ago

You're welcome and good luck

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper