A journey of despair - 2

A journey of despair - 2

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper
"

Alex's little games have landed him in a police car driving full speed to the station. His laughter stopped short by the brutal murder of his little brother, at his own hands.

"
Alex sat in the back seat shuffling uncomfortably from side to side. His mind replaying the terrifying moments that led to him being there. His heart was beating a storm within his chest, at times Alex could of sworn that it would jump out  ,shattering his rib cage to pieces but no such luck.
"So kid, what inspired you to take a gun to someone's head?" one of the officers asked lazily
Alex tilted his head up to meet his gaze. His knuckles clenched upon the leather seating beneath him.
"I didn't...... It wasn't like that" he stammered
"Yeah, they all say that funnily enough" The officer turned away again, and left Alex to the nightmares in his own head.

He hadn't meant to kill him, he hadn't even meant for a bullet to leave the chamber. And inside some faint hope wanted to believe that he hadn't. That the last hour had been a sickening joke played on him by his farther to teach him a lesson about playing with guns. Deep down he knew this was a hopeless cause, but what did he really have left but dreams to save him from the torture of acceptance?

He looked absently out the window, not really seeing anything at all just watching. Waiting for something to happen that would prove to him that this was merely a very realistic nightmare. But no sign came, still the car charged toward the station and still his brothers cold frame lay within a bag on the way to the morgue. 

The officer turned round again resting his arm on the back of his chair, examining Alex with his deep amber eyes. He looked him up and down a few times, as if sizing up the danger that he presented. 
Alex was a thin but muscular lad, with a wild and un-kept look about him. His dark hair seemed to jut out at all angles curling slightly at the tips. His eyes were a mystical entanglement of color, not quite blue but not quite green.

"No seriously mate, why'd you do it?" the officer inquired
"Oi leave him alone, your not meant to question em before you get em back" the other officer snapped sharply
"Ill remember what he says, im just interested. Its not everyday we pull up a teenage murderer."
"You'll have no proof, what if he confesses to everything and then refuses to talk in the interview, your just f*****g s**t up" the officer snarled
"Im not a teenage murderer.. it was an accident... i didn't.... i didn't mean it okay.... i didn't mean it." Alex could contain his tears no more, his head fell into his hands and the pure saturated emotion burst freely from him. His fingers clawed at his face in self disgust all the while tears wrapped themselves like a never ending ocean around the very joints in his bones.

The car came to a grinding halt outside Rillington Police station, and both officers turned to face the young boy. Alex so consumed by his grief merely lay curled up on the backseat cursing himself and cursing his very existence, no longer able to contain the deep pain that surged through his mind and body.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

still his brothers cold frame lay within a bag on the way to the morgue. ----his brother’s


your not meant to question ------you’re not meant to question
Ill remember ----I’ll remember
Im not a teenage murderer.. it was an accident... i didn't.... i didn't mean it okay.... i didn't mean it." ----I’ll remember what he says, I’m just interested. It’s not every day we pull up a teenage murderer
im just interested. Its not everyday we pull up a teenage murderer----I’m not a teenage murderer... It was an accident... I didn't.... I didn't mean it okay.... I didn't mean it

Another great chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper