Guilty until prove Innocent - 3

Guilty until prove Innocent - 3

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper
"

Under the cold hand of the law Alex is arrested and interviewed for the murder of his brother Leo Taylor.

"
Alex sat alone in the interview room, the officers having long since wondered off and carried on there daily business. They torn into his mind, opening every nook and cranny in a search for the answers they seeked, smirking at his feeble pleas, laughing as he wept and screamed in distress. By the end of it no tears were left for him to cry and he felt a sickening emptiness within himself like his very emotions had deserted him. They'd quizzed him ruthlessly, accusing him without consideration for even a hint of innocence. 
The fight and rebellious spirit had all been crushed and drained from inside of him. The Alex who had playfully thrown his brother in the air this morning was long gone, buried with the remains of the very dead that haunted him.
"Alexander Taylor?"
His eyes peeked out from under his hair, and he gave an acknowledging nod toward the short stubby man in the door way. The man said nothing else but motioned for Alex to follow him. And so he pulled himself up from his chair, brushed his hair from his eyes and trotted obediently over to the door.
The man kept up a brisk walk , 2 or 3 steps ahead of Alex's old worn out Air Max 90's, he had to jog a little to keep up. The man seemed oblivious to his un-naturally fast pace, and glided casually down the halls of the police station. He stopped two or three times to pop paperwork into pigeon holes and turn of lights , before making his way toward the front door of the police station.
"Off you go then... Not for long mind we have enough evidence hear that its impossible the court would rule in your favor"
Alex stepped past the officer and grimenced "thanks" he muttered.
The officer slinked off back inside the station and left Alex alone to mull over the situation.
His heart hung heavy in his chest, the cold nighttime breeze doing nothing to raise his spirits. Alex wondered down the road to the nearest park and nestled underneath a tree clutching his knee's to his chest like a mental patient before a psychotic breakdown. His hair looked even more unruly than ever, misplaced by frustrated hands that had plunged angrily across his scalp, eyes darting frantically from left to right, un-nerved by the slightest movements. Alex's whole temperament had changed he looked tired and worn , weak but still so alert and panicked. You could see his mind slowly dissolving under the pressure.
He stretched his out legs in front of him. He wasn't to sure what to do with himself now, he couldn't go home. He couldn't face walking up those stairs again, the pain and hurt in his farthers eyes at the crime he had committed would be too much to bear.No Alex thought to himself, it's best he just stay here for the night, in the shelter of the plumage above him.


© 2012 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ill review when its finished

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ama May Cooper

11 Years Ago

Done :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper