Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Sunny

I hate football more than anything else on this God forsaken Earth. I hate it more than my hate for country music, ferrets, and the color orange combined. Nothing about the sport intrigues me.

But, my dad loves football. He's one of those guys that has season tickets, knows practically every teams stats, and has all the satellite football channels. My dad loves football. Because of this love every boy in my family has had to play the god awful game. From my oldest brother, Dallas, all the way down to little Jordan, it's a known fact in our small town that Whitman boys play football. Even if we suck at it! I guess dear old dad knew sooner or later one of his kids would be good at his first and true love and well, that kid is me.

I know, it's hilarious. I'm good at a game I hate. I'm the best running back my high school has ever seen and have scored more touchdowns in a single game than any of my brothers have in their whole lives! But, as I said I hate¾ no, I loathe the game of football. And I feel pretty damn bad that my twin brother, Scott, loves the game but, couldn't catch a football to save his life. He keeps trying, though. And well, I keep on playing cause dad loves football and football is my ticket out of here.



© 2010 Sunny


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Poor Scott. I guess he got the bad set of genes in the family. This was really really good. I loved reading it! I could feel his emotion of wanting to get out and his hate for football. You captured it all in just a short Prologue! Great job. I can't wait to read more! I'm so excited.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it.
The start and finish are really well written, you start off knowing what the peice is going to say, and the end is an explanation.
very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great start, I don't know much about stories but I can see you got what it take to write.
Excellent piece

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmm. I'm interested!

I like the idea of a small town boy hating foot ball. Should be interesting to see where it goes!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good voice and character development in such a short piece. I think that this could be a bit more eye catching, and could reach further into his life or provide some details of something, but overall, a good start. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting. I like the plot build up. Interested to see what happens.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You capture emotions well. The writing style was a bit immature and the piece is a bit repetitive. If you could expand upon the emotion in different ways, this piece would be excellent. Why does the protagonist hate football so much? Is he just bored of it? Is he sick of the pretenses set for him? The conflict is intriguing. I hope you continue this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Poor Scott. I guess he got the bad set of genes in the family. This was really really good. I loved reading it! I could feel his emotion of wanting to get out and his hate for football. You captured it all in just a short Prologue! Great job. I can't wait to read more! I'm so excited.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like this. very interesting. please carrie on

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010


Author

Sunny
Sunny

Lauderdale Lakes, FL



About
I'm a woman now. I'm finally freed. I write a blog feel free to check it out http://bedivined.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
Boy Unknown Boy Unknown

A Poem by Sunny



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda


Why? Why?

A Poem by Manda