The thoughts within my oxygen

The thoughts within my oxygen

A Story by Carly Shaw
"

Current thoughts on March 7th, 2013

"
Im trying to live but this universe makes it hard to express myself when everything abstract and unique is already "mainstream". How does one stand out when everyone is already wearing a different color? What does one do when they do something extraordinary  ,something out of the ordinary but it goes unnoticed because someone,somewhere is already doing something "more different".
 It's not this generation... 
It's not my generation... 
My generation is supposed to be the "lost" generation. Are we really lost? 
Or are we just the generation to come to our senses. They say we rely on technology to much and we have changed to fast. But if one would take the time to look back on the past, every generation has changed a significant amount. There are noticed ways and unnoticed ways that the universe has changed...
Sometimes it just takes a few precious seconds out of your day. It can sometimes take seconds to an hour for me. I sit on my childhood stoop. I remain silent. Breath in; Breathe out. I sit as I watch the trees be kissed by the sun while being caressed by the anxious winds. I take in my surroundings and for a brief moment i feel no pressure, no stress and it feels like I'm free. It's like you're within your own crystalized bubble. I live for these moments. Within these moments are when I realize that life in itself is worth living; and it always will be. Whenever I feel as though I am about to combust at any moment... I sit down and embellish in my surroundings. It fill's me with possibilities, strength, and the urge to push. To push and encourage living life the way it should be lived... happy.

© 2013 Carly Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

At first you expressed doubts and a bit of despair, but then you turned a corner and finished with optimism. That's how it should be. On being unique, I think all you have to do is "be yourself", for we are all different; it's just that many act like sheep and follow the crowd.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

At first you expressed doubts and a bit of despair, but then you turned a corner and finished with optimism. That's how it should be. On being unique, I think all you have to do is "be yourself", for we are all different; it's just that many act like sheep and follow the crowd.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013
Tags: life, struggle, suicide, aire, trees, wind, blood, silence, loud, generation, lost