A Night To Remember

A Night To Remember

A Poem by A Simple man
"

This is about a single moment in time forever frozen in my mind.

"

Tonight the sky shines bright with light.
My eyes are lost in space.
The hopes and dreams of things to come, have finally found their place.
The stars the moon, the wind the earth like something from a dream.
Yet here we lay, side by side, alone just you and me.
We talk of life, both present and past, you tell me of Japan.
I sense that you are feeling cold, and gently grab your hand.
It's in this moment, this snapshot of life, I found my place to be.
Together forever under the stars, alone just you and me.

© 2008 A Simple man


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow ! its so romantic ... i love it and i really had a picture of the setting as i continued reading .... great job ;-]

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with the others that this is beautiful. It reminds me that I should start being lovable again. This was well written!

Posted 15 Years Ago


A beautiful love poem. I see such quality here - and know this write. Well done. ~Pamela

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well worth reading again and again; thank you for presenting this image :)

Ven

Posted 15 Years Ago


A beautiful moment in time....glad I took a moment to read this as it was a pleasure to do so. Thanks for sharing. PW

Posted 15 Years Ago


"The stars the moon, the wind the earth like something from a dream.
Yet here we lay, side by side, alone just you and me. "

This is precious and beautiful. A moment frozen in time to always look back on and cherish.

A grand portrayal, with a gentle flow.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nicely captured, this beautiful moment in time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can remember being in a spot similar to this...Tragically, that moment has long since past and I have nothing but vague memories of the bliss I felt at the time. Im not usually one to enjoy works of such a light hearted nature, but as I read and re-read this poem, I found myself weeping from the pain of loss and with the hope that I would once again recapture the contentment you so beautifully descibed. Bravo.

JadedSparrow

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful!!! This has such serenity and poise, I felt so calm reading your wonderful verse, so simple and real, there is nothing pretentious about this important moment in your life, I truly wish more people would embrace these moments and identify them as extremely important in the overall scheme of things...
Loved it :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2008

Author

A Simple man
A Simple man

About
When I am confronted by complex emotions, I cannot do another thing until I sit down and write about how I feel. Usually these emotions pour from the tips of my fingers with ease and at once calm me .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..